What's new

Lambda Ares V2

I desperately want one, from where to get it?
Go to lambda-razors.com, set up an account, select the razor you want, and click on “add to waitlist” so that you join the queue. Next batch of razors is expected sometime around the end of this month or January.

I just waitlisted , joined the queue. Thanks !!
Great. I hope you get one of the next batch. If not he seems to have new batches every two months now and I’m sure his waitlist isn’t huge (and anyway last time quite a few waitlisted customers backed out of their orders when the time came).

4CB046A6-2838-4777-BC7A-9375B19061FB.jpeg

Just arrived #22-099. Very much looking forward to getting to know this work of art!

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I still can't believe the cost of Lambda razors... The box alone is included in their price and it the best I've ever seen. As a result, as most people who read Lambda related threads knows, I'm going to order a second Athena so I have two to pass down to our two sons. They'll be able to say... My dad loved shaving and I have this one he gave to me to remember him. I have my grandfather's straight razor he used when he as a barber aboard the USS Missouri during WWI. I treasure it.

My wife is eying the Athena I have now. It might be too heavy for her but we'll see. If she has the same experience I do.... we'll both be using Lambda Athena razors.....

I know this is an Ares thread.... @Mr. Shavington loves his Ares... as well as his Athena. I agree with him.. We have stumbled upon two razors that are underrated at this point... but will gain popularity over time, just as the Wolfman razors have. True works of art, created with passion and care. I owe a big "Thank You" to @Mr. Shavington . 4 out of my top 7 razors came from his recommendations. He has been my guide since he bought his Claymore Evolution and enjoyed it like I do.

I still can't believe the cost of Lambda razors... The box alone is included in their price and it the best I've ever seen. As a result, as most people who read Lambda related threads knows, I'm going to order a second Athena so I have two to pass down to our two sons. They'll be able to say... My dad loved shaving and I have this one he gave to me to remember him. I have my grandfather's straight razor he used when he as a barber aboard the USS Missouri during WWI. I treasure it.

My wife is eying the Athena I have now. It might be too heavy for her but we'll see. If she has the same experience I do.... we'll both be using Lambda Athena razors.....

I know this is an Ares thread.... @Mr. Shavington loves his Ares... as well as his Athena. I agree with him.. We have stumbled upon two razors that are underrated at this point... but will gain popularity over time, just as the Wolfman razors have. True works of art, created with passion and care. I owe a big "Thank You" to @Mr. Shavington . 4 out of my top 7 razors came from his recommendations. He has been my guide since he bought his Claymore Evolution and enjoyed it like I do.
I concur wholeheartedly Phoenixkh about your comments regarding Mr. “Shavvington”…….I treasure his professional courtesy and advice as well.
😊👍💈

I have a question for those who own both Athena and Ares or had the pleasure of using both razors - is it worth getting the Ares, since I already own the Athena? Am I missing a lot or the difference isn't that huge?

I have a question for those who own both Athena and Ares or had the pleasure of using both razors - is it worth getting the Ares, since I already own the Athena? Am I missing a lot or the difference isn't that huge?
I’d say they have a lot of similarities, but it is still worth getting both. The main difference is the feel of the open comb on the Ares (it’s a smooth comb but it’s still a more aggressive feel, though it doesn’t seem to distress my skin any more than the Athena). They are both gentle and efficient, but the Ares is a step higher efficiency, I think.

You would probably be happy with either one, and not need the other. But you would also enjoy owning both. Anyway, there’s time - he’s not going to stop making them - so I’d say get one and if it impresses you enough you can consider adding the other some time in the future.

The Athena shoots water out of the sides, though. The Ares doesn’t.

I have both and I usually shave about 2 times a week. Athena is superbly comfortable that sometimes I just think I am dragging a metal cylinder over my face instead of a razor. I always have zero feedback from the alum block I use after my shave which indicates zero irritation. Ares is also comfortable and even though I can feel I actually have a razor on my face, I also get zero or very minor feedback from alum from it. I prefer Ares when I have 4-5 days growth due to it being open comb and not need washing often during the shave. I also have Timeless OC and Wolfman OC 1.15 and Ares is the only razor I can get zero alum feedback after a 5 days growth shave.

So depending on how often you shave and what feel you like you can choose one or the other, but my personal advice is to get both if you can

Top Bottom