What's new

Lady Eversharp Type H and K Schick injectors for dummies

Not to leave the ladies out. I am consolidating the Type H and K razors into one thread. Variants will be grouped first by type then by handle styles since it assumed the same handle should shave the same.

Type H razors were the first foray into injectors marketed to women. They all share a rectangular styled shape. These were produced between 1947 - 1952.

1st variant

Style 1- This one was sold as Lady's Fashion razor and is commonly referred to as a H1. Produced 1947 - 1952.
h1.jpg

2nd variants

Styles 1 and 2 - This was one was called a Schick "DEB" razor. It is also referred to as a H2. The 2 styles differ by the color of the cap which came in either a red or turquoise color as seen in the picture below. Produced 1948 - 1951.
deb2.jpg

After 52 Ladies razors disappear from the market until 1962 with the introduction of the Type K models. These were produced from 1962 - 1975 and come in 4 major handle styles and as such the variants will be split based upon that.
The common features of the Type K injectors is they all are stamped Lady Eversharp on the razor head and all have a hydro-magic lever for easy blade and razor head rinsing.

1st variants

Styles 1, 2 and 3. These were sold as Lady Eversharp razors. They came in 3 colors, blue, pink and white and shared the same handle style as a long handle Type J. They are also referred to as Type K2 razors. Produced 1962 - 1966.
013a.jpg
Top row 1 - 4 are the K2 razors.

2nd variants

Styles 1, 2 and 3 - These are shorter handled versions of the 1st variants sold as travel razors. They are also referred to as K3 injectors. The came in 3 colors, white (pictured), blue (pictured) and pink (not pictured). Produced 1964.
letw.jpgletb.jpg

3rd variants

Styles 1, 2, 3 and 4 - These are characterized by their concave shaped handles and are also referred to as Type K1 injectors. These came in 4 colored handles, pink (pictured), blue (pictured), white (pictured) and white with glitter (not pictured).
013a.jpg
Bottom row razors 1 - 4 are the K1 injectors

4th variant

Style 1 - This razor was the last of the Lady Eversharp's made. It has a long Type L style handle and only came in a yellow color. This razor is undesignated but if using Appleby's designations should be classified as a Type K4. Produced 1972 - 1975.
013a.jpg
Yellow handled razors to the right are the K4 injectors.

Note the production range for the Type K1 3rd variants is 1966 - 1972. The ones with rivets pinning the handle to the razor head were produced from 1966 - 1969 and the ones without are from 1969 - 1972. Both handle variations are pictured in the main post on this thread.

Last edited:
Gahh, I need that K3.

FWIW, I just got an H1. Trying to figure out how to clean it out without damaging it. I was having trouble getting a Chick to inject. It tilts south as it goes in and gets hung up on the far blade stop. I had to ruin the blade to try to get it to work. I may need to soak the head in WD40 or something. I think there's hair and grease stuck in the head. I was able to inject ancient carbon blades from the included brass injector, so I'm wondering if the tolerances were different and the angle isn't right on the Chick magazine.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Gahh, I need that K3.

FWIW, I just got an H1. Trying to figure out how to clean it out without damaging it. I was having trouble getting a Chick to inject. It tilts south as it goes in and gets hung up on the far blade stop. I had to ruin the blade to try to get it to work. I may need to soak the head in WD40 or something. I think there's hair and grease stuck in the head. I was able to inject ancient carbon blades from the included brass injector, so I'm wondering if the tolerances were different and the angle isn't right on the Chick magazine.
I've had a couple of H1's come through my den and never had a problem loading with the Chick magazine. That said, I do think a very hot (not boiling) water bath may help loosen some stuff that has accumulated -- maybe put a squirt of Dawn dish detergent in that soak as well. At the risk of over-generalizing, I know that for many years my wife preferred canned Gels to anything else for a shaving cream, and she was not terribly vigilant about rinsing the razor really well after every use....one of the many reasons we don't share shaving equipment. Just saying that the razor may need more cleaning. I also use an old toothbrush to really scrub the head.

After all of that, I would try another blade and focus on keeping the blade moving through and away from the blade stops....I've found that I can't just insert the key and load the blade in a carefree manner (the one time I did with an another Schick, I had damaged the blade's edge), I'm always going slowly, carefully and with a slight twist/angle to make sure the blade going in is staying clear of the safety bar and/or blade stops. Please note, I'm not suggesting a crooked angle or over-pronounced twist, just an imperceptible amount of pressure to make sure everything clears the edge.

Hope that helps and please keep us posted!

Gahh, I need that K3.

Just get a pink K2, chop down the handle and put a bottle cap on the end of it. You'll have the same thing.

Top Bottom