What's new

Ladies - I need advice

I am thinking about trying a straight, but I need some advice on what I should be looking for. I know I want a true straight not a Shavette, but really that is all I know.

So your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Well I'm not a lady but I'd think you should look at something around 5/8 in size with a round tip. I'd also look at a grind of a half hollow to wedge.
Old Sheffield steel is quite forgiving (if you can ever call a straight forgiving) so that's what I think you should be looking for.

You may not want a shavette, but the Feather Artist club disposable blade straights are also a "major league" contender you may want to consider. They are extremely well engineered, and the blades are fantastically sharp.

It saves the possible "hassle" of homes, strops, etc (although I happen also enjoy all that assorting stuff myself...)

Of possible particular interest may be the non-folding version of these, as I would imagine it affords more options for holding while shaving your legs than a folding version. I use a non folding version, and I can say that I enjoy the difference it gives me.

Good luck!

Top Bottom