What's new

La Faulx by Atelier Durdan Pass Around…..

I was going to hold off on running with the Le Faulx until Augustin sent me the ++ that was omitted from my order. But, I'll be honest. I can't resist and it's in the shave box for the next one. I'll try a Proline and go from there. I know what the Classic plate can deliver and the + should provide more of the same buttery cutting smoothness. I had Augustin perform a slight modification to the handle as it was hollowed out a 1/3 of the way in. Just the right amount of balance with a slight emphasis towards the head.

Great Le Faulx shaves to all...

IMG_20240523_102426.jpg

I'm only 2 shaves in with the + plate (after many shaves with the Classic plate) but will give my first impressions.

There is a small amount of blade feel compared to none or nearly none with the Classic plate. Not as much blade feel as say, the Blackbird Lite.

Much more audible feedback, I don't get much if any from the Classic plate.

A slightly wider range of shaving angle; shaves steep or shallow for me.

Slightly more efficient than the Classic but still very comfortable. Still more comfortable than my closest contender, the Timeless .68

Last night more than 10 hours after the shave I asked my wife how my face felt and she said it felt as if I had recently shaved.

I'm not sure yet if the Classic or the + will become my favorite, time will tell.

Thanks for sharing your impressions @Big_T

I've two questions:
I'm only 2 shaves in with the + plate (after many shaves with the Classic plate) but will give my first impressions.

There is a small amount of blade feel compared to none or nearly none with the Classic plate. Not as much blade feel as say, the Blackbird Lite.
Which blade(s) did you use?

Much more audible feedback, I don't get much if any from the Classic plate.

A slightly wider range of shaving angle; shaves steep or shallow for me.

Slightly more efficient than the Classic but still very comfortable. Still more comfortable than my closest contender, the Timeless .68
That's Timeless. 68 SB, right?
Last night more than 10 hours after the shave I asked my wife how my face felt and she said it felt as if I had recently shaved.

I'm not sure yet if the Classic or the + will become my favorite, time will tell.
Enjoy the journey 😀
Cheers & thx!

After an extended tour of France and a layover in Philly, the La Faulx finally arrived in Atlanta. I anticipated its arrival so I hadn't shaved in four days. The ++ plate is very impressive. That with a new Kai Captain Mild provided a remarkably close shave with no drama. In a rare suspension of cynicism, I'd say the razor is well deserving of the hype.

La Faulx ++.jpg

Some early observations about this razor -

I purchased the machined finish thinking I'd just polish it myself and save some dough. But the machined finish is really more like a brushed finish that looks nice as is. I don't see much need to polish it.

I was also concerned about the weight of the razor and considered springing for Ti as a result. The weight turns out to be a non-issue, and even helps to smooth out the shave. I don't consider the razor to be heavy by any means.

It doesn't really sit well on the counter and can benefit from a stand. Unfortunately, I didn't order a stand but it fits a Timeless stand well. Since I had an extra bronze Timeless stand, all is well.

Some early observations about this razor -

I purchased the machined finish thinking I'd just polish it myself and save some dough. But the machined finish is really more like a brushed finish that looks nice as is. I don't see much need to polish it.

I was also concerned about the weight of the razor and considered springing for Ti as a result. The weight turns out to be a non-issue, and even helps to smooth out the shave. I don't consider the razor to be heavy by any means.

It doesn't really sit well on the counter and can benefit from a stand. Unfortunately, I didn't order a stand but it fits a Timeless stand well. Since I had an extra bronze Timeless stand, all is well.

Nice to know for the finish. I was considering getting a sand blasted one but I wonder if it drags, so if the machined finish is already good maybe there is no need for an option.

After an extended tour of France and a layover in Philly, the La Faulx finally arrived in Atlanta. I anticipated its arrival so I hadn't shaved in four days. The ++ plate is very impressive. That with a new Kai Captain Mild provided a remarkably close shave with no drama. In a rare suspension of cynicism, I'd say the razor is well deserving of the hype.

View attachment 1854710
Super nice....glad your first outing went well. Coweta Co guy here.

Top Bottom