What's new

kiss my face shaving cream

Has anyone used this shaving cream with a shaving brush? How did it go? Does it lather real good with a shaving brush? I have the cool mint in my local supermarket and am thinking about picking this shaving cream up. Give me your thoughts on it. thanks

I have the Peaceful Pachouli. Haven't used it in a while, but if I remember correctly 1 pump will make enough for a shave. Perfromance is not bad for a store bought product. Plus it's a big bottle and a good value. If your curious about it pick some up and see if it works for you. There are many people around here that are quite fond of KMF.

I was disappointed by KMF. Poor thin lather for me.
Fortunately, I had bought it at Whole Foods and they gladly refunded the purchase price.

Has anyone used this shaving cream with a shaving brush? How did it go? Does it lather real good with a shaving brush? I have the cool mint in my local supermarket and am thinking about picking this shaving cream up. Give me your thoughts on it. thanks

I bought Kiss My Face once, but did not even finish it.
It was economical, but performance was clearly below my other shavinng soaps and creams, and there was a slight burning sensation when applying the cream that quickly disappeared after the shave however.

I saw no reason to finish it and would not recommend it.

B.

I've used it for years, get a great lather with a brush and it has always worked well for me. Fine shaves, great face feel after. YYMV I suppose. I've used Unscented, Lime, Lavender and Patchouli versions. Though the scents are fairly meaningless since they vanish quickly once lathered. As with any cream, it takes a bit of practice to get the water ratio right.

Has anyone used this shaving cream with a shaving brush? How did it go? Does it lather real good with a shaving brush?

I think Kiss My Face is stellar for its price range. Great lather and slickness. Wonderful addition to a super lather too.

I had the unscented in the pump bottle and wasn't found of the pump, but the cream was great. I now have Kiss My Face Natural Man aqua 4 in 1 moisture shave cream. It comes in a tube. The scent, while mild, is a modern one.

Just used some key lime this morning and had a great shave. I have the lavender and the travel size unscented. Definitely a favorite and a great value and easy to get locally at Wegmans or any organic store. It's easy to lather with any brush. And using more product is not an issue. I've been meaning to try the mint.

I wanted to love it, but I don't. It didn't provide the protection/slickness that my other products do.

Works great for me, with or without a brush. Cool mint is nice in summer. Like all flavors of KMF (that I’ve tried), scent is understated but pleasant.

For just a few bucks worth a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Key Lime (tried the mint and didn't like the scent). I get a great lather every time. It's cheap and it can be found at my local Hyvee

One of my "go to" and I use the Mint. Skin friendly ingredients and great feel when done.
Lathers great with my current Maggard's synthetic. Too much water likely to mean thin (or alternately, not enough product). One pump seems right for my daily shaves. The men specific version seems pricier (believe it is some aquatic like scent). In a rush, it can be used brushless meaning no need for "emergency" can of foam.

KMF is excellent for brushless shaving in the shower. It's fond of a lot of water. t rinses off easily in the shower but not so much if you try to rinse it by splashing water on your face from the sink. A brush doesn't add much to the experience.

I do not particularly like any brushless shave creams. However, some of them work fairly well if you add a little water and lather them with a brush. KMF works OK this way. However, the best use of KMF may be to add a little amount of this cream to another soap that might not lather quite as well as you would like. The results can be better than either product alone. Some folks call this an uber-lather.

Cremo is good for the uber-lather as well.

I've been using KMF (Lime) for several years and always used it with a brush. The "trick" is to not overly hydrate it.You can always add a drop or two of water to the mug at a time. I've tried maybe 60-70 various creams and soaps, at all price points, but have not been able to beat KMF for glide, lubrication, cushioning and conditioning. My co-favorites which were 99% as good are TOBS, D R Harris and AOS. I have found this is one of the few areas of life where you can't determine quality by price. Its simply my fav regardless of price.

I have no issues with KMF. It is a solid performer for me. It is easy to use and post shave feel is very good. As with many other products, I could use KMF every morning shave without complaint. Great value in my opinion.

KMF shouldn't be thought of as a true "brushless" cream. It is meant to be lathered and has ingredients for it unlike a true "brushless" (typically meaning non-lathering). The basic directions are to "lather with wet hands". This is how I first used it back in the cartridge days. With a brush and the right amount of water (like any product), it lathers well all on it's own with good glide, lube, conditioning, etc. Right there in the ingredients.

I've tried maybe 60-70 various creams and soaps, at all price points, but have not been able to beat KMF for glide, lubrication, cushioning and conditioning.

This.

It’s the best cream I’ve used in over five years of wet shaving. I barely use it because it’s not as much “fun” as other stuff, but it’s fantastic.

Top Bottom