What's new

Kiss My Face, lathering by hand seems better than with a brush...

Ive used Kiss My Face shaving cream for a while now, and it seems that when I smear it on with my hand, I get a slicker shave than if I lather it up with my brush. Really, I do think so.

Has anyone else noticed this? Or am I off my nut?????:w00t:

dwight

My experience with KMF without a brush was not so good. But with KMF and any shaving cream, I apply it to my face and then use the brush to build the lather.

Randy

It can lather well by hand. You might get a better shave with it without using a brush. The secret to this cream is to use enough cream and not too much water. It seems to go on in thin layers but it works. You might be tempted to use too much water, but don't.

Ive used Kiss My Face shaving cream for a while now, and it seems that when I smear it on with my hand, I get a slicker shave than if I lather it up with my brush. Really, I do think so.

Has anyone else noticed this? Or am I off my nut?????:w00t:

dwight

I've found that KMF needs to have a bit more water in it (and thus a slightly thinner lather vs what you might build with another cream) in order to work best when you're using it with a brush. It lathers pretty well with very little water so it's easy to mix it thicker than it needs to be.

My favorite way to use the KMF is to add just a little to the wet brush then use the brush with soap. I really like the combo for a really slick shave.

When I apply KMF with my hand to my face, usually half a squirt, and rub it in, I get very thin lather. But the shave is super slick and with three passes, a very close shave.

However, if I lather in a bowl and transfer to my face I get terrific lather, but a "not-so-comfortable" shave. A noticeable difference between hand lathering and brush lathering.

If I could just get easy lather and a super slick shave, Id be very impressed.

What I mean by a super slick shave is very good skin protection and the razor slides easily on my skin with virtually no pulling.

Maybe I should try Creamo Cream???

I always use Proraso Pre/post or hair conditioner first. Ive been DE shaving for 9 months and wet shaving (with a cartidge) for 30+ yrs and my normal routine is to shave after my shower.

My point is that the best shaves with KMF are with out a brush....:confused:

thanks for you input. I can see I need to keep practicing and trying!

After washing my face I pour a little hot water in my shaving mug with my hand. Then I squeeze some KMF shave cream from the tube to the bottom of the mug. Then I wet my shaving brush with hot water, let the water drip or flick it off. Then I whip up a nice lather. I like Vanilla & Cool mint. KMF shave creams moisturize, are inexpensive & brush friendly.

KMF is the the one cream that I always a) use a boar brush with and b) lather directly on my face with. And get superb shaves every time.

I probably didn't do it right, but lathering KMF by hand directly on the face didn't do too well for me. I *do* like KMF with a brush though, particularly for superlather.

-- John Gehman

Top Bottom