What's new

Kirkpatrick Leather??

Figured I'm gonna take one for the team here. My philosophy is I cannot really judge what are GREAT leather products, comparing them to others that are not-so-great, or even pretty grim unless I actually acquire those other products.
Kirkpatrick Leather out of Texas got my attention. Been in business since the 50's and ....hey, they're in Texas! Must count for something😉
So, I bought a magazine pouch for my Beretta Nano, 8 week delivery (what else is new)?
Anyway...anyone out there have any first hand experience with these guys? Kind of curious as to what I should expect.

Last edited:

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I looked at them when I was deciding what to get for my Ruger. I will be interested to get your perspective.

I have my down payment in to Ryan, I should see the holster in May.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
No personal experience with them, but it looks like quality leather goods on their site. I noticed they feature holsters for Ruger SP 101s. I may have to contact them to see what they can offer for my .327 mag SP101 with its 4.2 inch barrel.

I looked at them when I was deciding what to get for my Ruger. I will be interested to get your perspective.

I have my down payment in to Ryan, I should see the holster in May.

Arguably the longest 4 months you will experience......but it could be worse; Milt Sparks is around 5-6 months. Sam Andrews is at 9 months.😳

I have a couple of these, and they came up on another forum recently.

They’ve gone up on their prices since I bought mine. First one I got was a 1911 and it’s fine. The Glock holster took six or eight months to get to me and I honestly forgot I ordered it. My 19MOS does fit in it, but my gen 3 23 still does not fit that even after trying to stretch it and work with it.

I don’t know if they’re rougher than other leathers on the interiors but they seem pretty rough to me. These are the only leather holsters I have. And they’re not anywhere close to my primary holsters. But the boning, stitching, and construction are fine. They stay open and hold their shape fine.

5D50FDE4-7EDC-406C-BF5D-7F334511AC05.jpeg

BCD66799-174B-45E2-8D40-BEA40FE11B80.jpeg

38FAF4C1-75B7-4C51-9FA2-A056FCAC18B4.jpeg

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Figured I'm gonna take one for the team here. My philosophy is I cannot really judge what are GREAT leather products, comparing them to others that are not-so-great, or even pretty grim unless I actually acquire those other products.
Kirkpatrick Leather out of Texas got my attention. Been in business since the 50's and ....hey, they're in Texas! Must count for something😉
So, I bought a magazine pouch for my Beretta Nano, 8 week delivery (what else is new)?
Anyway...anyone out there have any first hand experience with these guys? Kind of curious as to what I should expect.
8 weeks? Just ordered some gear from The Southern Trapper. Looking at 4 to 5 weeks make time but 9 weeks to get it in the shop first so 13 to 14 weeks total. About the same lead time as my others...

37820C74-8DD0-45FB-B635-9EBC008610FF.jpeg
B1A85781-A58F-4357-A03E-193C73E53540.jpeg
357CC1F1-5C0D-4372-BA14-A55216687177.jpeg

This is more what I expect the inside of a proper holster to look like:
TOP-R. Grizzle Leather-unlined
MIDDLE-Ritchie Leather-unlined
BOTTOM-Sam Andrews Custom Leather-suede lined.

Top Bottom