What's new

Kent Infinity Silvertex

First shave with this little brush.

1588521330185.png

Dimensions...knot 22 mm, loft 52 mm.

The handle is a sort of yellow plastic. Probably moulded but there's no mould marks present on mine. Colour wise it reminds me of 'Old Yeller' type pocket knives so I like it. The handle is a bit small right enough but it still works for me.

It's an earlier generation fibre, densely packed with a high loft so it has a lot of backbone. It's stiff. It is a proper scrubber but it has soft tips. Not the softest compared to others like EJ/Muhle or Simpson but soft enough to be comfortable when face lathering. Did I mention it was a scrubber? Ya can really hear it on the facial hair. I found circular motions and paint strokes work well although it's not a splay queen by any stretch.

Do I like it? I'm delighted. It's a great wee brush. Synthetics all have their different characteristics and this one is unlike any other synthetic I own. It's a scrubby wee scrubber and no mistake. Don't let the earlier gen fibres put you off trying one. Cost to me in the UK was £13 posted. Bargain. It will sit right next to my £90 Chubby 1 and be used just as often.

Did I say it was a scrubber? Wait till ya hear it in action. :clap:

1588522485296.png

1588522532768.png

Nice one. I bought one when they first came out. Looks like the handle colour has changed, as it looked more kids toy plastic than proper Kent handle plastic. I always thought for the money Inc postage it was hard to beat evn for the name. Good to see a decent no hold barred review too.

Nice one. I bought one when they first came out. Looks like the handle colour has changed, as it looked more kids toy plastic than proper Kent handle plastic. I always thought for the money Inc postage it was hard to beat evn for the name. Good to see a decent no hold barred review too.

Yes a lot of pics online show a white/faux ivory colour but this is yellow. It looks like and is a cheap handle.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have been looking at one of these on the bay from England with free postage to Australia. Been thinking about getting one. Might have to invest after reading your review.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I also got one years ago, and used it as a travel brush. That year I did a tour around the world, and traveled even more than I usually do... staying on the road for more than a month at a time. So this brush has some frequent flyer miles. It served me very well. But I recall flying home from one of the tour legs, and stopping in the L’Occitaine store inside Newark airport, and picking up a Plisson there. That was the end of the love affair with the Kent. The Plisson instantly became my travel brush for the next few years. Only recently have I discovered that a razorock Bruce fits in my 3D printed travel brush case. So I have been rotating the Bruce with the Plisson for the last few trips before the lockdown. It may be a cage match to the death on this one, as I immensely enjoy both brushes. However, it may be time to throw the Kent back into the mix and declare one of them the ultimate travel brush. At least for me anyway. And yes, my Kent Infinity handle is quite white.

I also got one years ago, and used it as a travel brush. That year I did a tour around the world, and traveled even more than I usually do... staying on the road for more than a month at a time. So this brush has some frequent flyer miles. It served me very well. But I recall flying home from one of the tour legs, and stopping in the L’Occitaine store inside Newark airport, and picking up a Plisson there. That was the end of the love affair with the Kent. The Plisson instantly became my travel brush for the next few years. Only recently have I discovered that a razorock Bruce fits in my 3D printed travel brush case. So I have been rotating the Bruce with the Plisson for the last few trips before the lockdown. It may be a cage match to the death on this one, as I immensely enjoy both brushes. However, it may be time to throw the Kent back into the mix and declare one of them the ultimate travel brush. At least for me anyway. And yes, my Kent Infinity handle is quite white.

See I don't look for my favourite when it comes to synthetics, although I can understand that some do. Obviously if a brush is crud I'd bin it, but otherwise I just enjoy the difference in character of these synthetics. They all have their own way of doing the same job. That's what I enjoy.

I have one of these and use it occasionally. Mine has extremely soft tips, but at one point I bought another one to have as a spare and it was not soft at all, so not sure if the second one was just a fluke or if something changed in how they were made. I ended up giving the second one away as part of a PIF.

Top Bottom