What's new

Kendal Plug

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
With fold and stuff, leave room in the bowl. Flakes expand greatly when lit, but done right, taste better than any other prep method, IMO

I hear ya but I’m just not getting it. Not gonna give up tho.

Flakes take awhile to sort out but totally worth it. I have a beater Dunhil that smokes flakes like a champ, 1 flake rolled then folded is perfect. My Ferdown’s all need a flake and a half to two flakes to properly fill the bowl. My Pete’s are XL bowls and are only good for a rubbed out flake.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I’ve had a box in my cart twice, but just haven’t been able to pull the trigger. I’ve yet to try best brown flake so I don’t even have a guess what this tastes like. Can anyone compare it to Capstan Blue, Dunhill Flake, or even MacBaren No.1 Va?

I’m no expert but it is similar to FVF but less dark stewed fruit and more grass and hay? A brighter flavor. Not to mention you can cut it into a fine ribbon if rubbing out flakes is your thing.

Broke down and ordered a box from Mars (never thought I'd type those words!) - 1 box per customer per week - I like it - stays in stock longer and keeps me from doing anything crazy.. Hopefully here Fri or Sat.. Thanks Kent and @Mike H

Top Bottom