What's new

Karve Diem

Will you be ordering a SS Karve?

• Yes

• No

• Later when the price drops

• I’m so torn...

Results are only viewable after voting.
The aluminum razor is on the website but shows sold out. Only a couple of base plates in SB available A-D and the price for a complete razor is 93 CAD + shipping. I am a little disappointed as I was looking for a G plate.

The aluminum razor is on the website but shows sold out. Only a couple of base plates in SB available A-D and the price for a complete razor is 93 CAD + shipping. I am a little disappointed as I was looking for a G plate.

I refreshed the webpage throughout the launch time but I never saw the razor come in stock! WTH?

Ah well, it’s probably best I don’t spend anymore this month on shaving gear.

Well, I ended up ordering a 3.25”/C. Not sure why, as I’m completely content with my current stable of razors. I think it was because, 1) I really do like the Karve design, and 2) I passed on other recent aluminum offerings - notably the Lupo and the Timeless - and I wouldn’t mind seeing how I like a high-quality aluminum razor. Plus, it does look pretty cool.

Well, I ended up ordering a 3.25”/C. Not sure why, as I’m completely content with my current stable of razors. I think it was because, 1) I really do like the Karve design, and 2) I passed on other recent aluminum offerings - notably the Lupo and the Timeless - and I wouldn’t mind seeing how I like a high-quality aluminum razor. Plus, it does look pretty cool.

Ha! I grabbed the 3.25 + B plate. As you, I’m not sure why, I’m very happy with the brass, but at this price I doubt I’ll get buyers remorse.

They went really fast.

Here is a comment from the Karve Facebook page "Sold out in 3 minutes. Never had a chance".

Just received my timeless aluminum Wednesday. I shaved today very nice 3 pass with person a blue. I ordered the original Karve brass with b , c sb.Took about 2 months to receive items. I probably will not order anything again because of the communication and time it took.

was hoping the aluminum would be cheaper.

I like heavy razors, so long handles brass and stainless razors are right up my alley. The lighter aluminum and possible future titanium razors won't be on my wish list.

I'm always a bit surprised by this. Additional weight does help when shaving with gravity, but that benefit disappears if you are one of those people that shaves in different directions.

Not sure of the cost of aluminum. It's a business move much like the plastic razor I gather. There's around 232 waiting for stainless. I cannot comment on the business model, but I'd be grinding out the stainless Karve 24/7.

was hoping the aluminum would be cheaper.

I'm always a bit surprised by this. Additional weight does help when shaving with gravity, but that benefit disappears if you are one of those people that shaves in different directions.

I have large hands (XL glove size) and have some arthritis in my hands. While I can shave with a lighter razor, the extra mass of the razor seems to help when plowing through my course beard. I find the same thing with straight razors. I do not enjoy 5/8" width razors as they are too light, but 7/8" razors are great.

Experiments with eggs . . .
patina1.jpg
patina1.jpg
patina2.jpg
patina1.jpg
patina2.jpg
patina3.jpg
patina4.jpg
patina5.jpg

Amazing business model that Chris has developed!! Huge waiting list for SS and in the mean time he's send a big old *$%# &*@ to all that are on the list so he can sell a couple Aluminum razors!! This guy still has his priorities wrong even after all the bad press he's received and yet some people stand right beside him and accept it.... CRAZY!!

Amazing business model that Chris has developed!! Huge waiting list for SS and in the mean time he's send a big old *$%# &*@ to all that are on the list so he can sell a couple Aluminum razors!! This guy still has his priorities wrong even after all the bad press he's received and yet some people stand right beside him and accept it.... CRAZY!!
I completely agree.

Karve makes one of the best razors but the sales priorities and customer attention for the products is totally bizarre.

He is always putting sales announcements through what some would consider an obscure medium because it is via Facebook or Twitter and the real kicker is there is never enough or outright absence of any products for the fulfilment of the sales.

Separate from the terrible treatment of customers, real and potential, I don't understand why he doesn't help himself. There is clearly a huge demand for the stainless steel CB razor.

It is a no-brainer. Focus on that and develop lots of SS inventory that will satisfy the current customers waiting so long on the list as well for future sales.

It's not like there is a risk of purchasing raw material and making stock that may not sell.

A merchant couldn't have it any better than Karve in predicting future sales based upon the existing waiting list and a measurement of the frequency of additional names to that consistently growing list.

I’m getting my SS if tracking is to be believed this coming Wednesday. I don’t know how awesome it has to be for me to get over my disappointment with the whole process. Pretty awesome I figure.

Of course, whenever I say I’m disappointed, people here are quick to point out I should have known better. And that’s true. I started this thread, and I have read through pages and pages of disappointment. But when I ordered the razor, my love for the shaves I’m getting via the brass, and the promises of a better experience from Karve themselves gave me enough hope to engage - with enthusiasm!

But Karve never came through on their promise of faster service and better customer service. I don’t know anyone who can say that the process was tolerable. It’s just levels of comfort I suppose. The kicker for me was paying and then waiting a week for any kind of shipping notice. That’s ... well, that’s my breaking point I suppose.

Now you can say he’s a small business and he’s this, that, and whatever, but that doesn’t take away anything in terms of business practices. Mean what you say, say what you mean. I’ve dealt with all sorts of co’s his size that have more scruples. Don’t tell me how hard you are working to get me my product and then post about your vacation. Don’t take my cash if you don’t have what I’ve paid for, or can’t ship me what I’m paying for.

I was fortunate enough to have an aluminum razor in my cart and was about to pay the other day, it was then when I really came to fully realize that I don’t want to support the company in the least anymore - Even if their products do provide me with a better shave. I love the razor - no question, but then I love Huweii’s phones too, but I figure I best not support them either.

When the razor comes, i’ll have to decide if I want to even keep it. I’m sure I will. I’m sure i’ll love it. But i’ll never buy another Karve product again. Moreover, I could never recommend the company to a friend. It’s too bad, but it is what it is. You can hate on me for hating on the company, but you can’t say I didn’t try, or that Karve didn’t make its own bed.

I'm with ya there Earcutter. My stainless delivery is now Tuesday according to USPS. It will be almost 2 months since I got on the waitlist. Had to sit through 2 vacations and finally pay up and still no razor ships for more than a week. I had a notion to buy the cool stainless razor stand but I backed away for the reasons you mention.

Top Bottom