What's new

Karve CB vs Overlander

As the tittle states, for those that have used both please share your thoughts. Which do you prefer, and why do you think that is? CB is obviously different depending on plate selection, but I’m interested in the overall effectiveness of the razor’s design.

I personally like the Overlander more.
I like the efficiency it provides, with the low blade feel.
To get the same efficiency with the CB, I would have to use the D plate, but it would feel much more aggressive.
The Overlander feels like the B plate.
I have sensitive skin, so blade feel is not my preference.

I prefer the Overlander, but it’s a close call. On the CB I use the C plate most often and it gives a very good, comfortable shave.

The Overlander has slightly less bladefeel for me and the efficiency seems comparable to the CB C plate. I know people say the Overlander efficiency is closer to the CB D plate, but the CB C plate has always given me all the efficiency I need, so I can’t compare the Overlander to the D plate.

They’re both great razors though - very comfortable, great looking and easy to use. But I’d give a slight edge to the Overlander, as long as you’re shaving at least semi-regularly.

My experience is with multiple brass CB plates and an Overlander Aluminum. Recently picked up a SB B plate for everyday shaves with CB, the C SB and B OC plates I also have work great for shaving multiple day stubble. I like both razors very much. The Overlander works great for headshaves as well and for this I appreciate the aluminum build. For face shaving however I prefer a heavier feel. I can comment though that it is a great blend of efficiency with a safe feel.

For me - Overlander is easier for daily shaves. If I have to take down multiple days growth especially more than 2 the CB does a bit easier. The Overlander feels a bit more than the B plate and the efficiency is a C 1/2. For my preferences I do like to feel the blade a bit so I know what’s going on. I can barely feel the blade in the Overlander but it’s just enough. All those plates on the CB is a slippery slope but you can dial it in.

For me it’s use case. If I had to pick one razor and have only one in my Den I would pick the CB and have some different plates.
I have a brass on BST with the E plate but have the SS with a few plates.

If I was a daily shaver and 2 days on occasion and preferred smoothness/low blade feel I’d go with the Overlander. Simple, No plate experimentation.

I have a thicker beard sensitive skin and generally shave every other day.

Everything I read about these two razors seems to steer me toward the Overlander, but I adore that CB handle in brass!

I haven't tried either razor, just chiming in :)

Everything I read about these two razors seems to steer me toward the Overlander, but I adore that CB handle in brass!

I haven't tried either razor, just chiming in :)
I think you can order the Overlander with a CB handle in brass. I have a CB handle for my SS Overlander, so I’m assuming you could do the same with the brass.

If I did my math right, I don't think there is a price penalty for ordering the head only from Karve and then you can supply any handle you like. That is what I did for my CB as I wanted a chrome plated brass handle. You can save a ten spot or so if you get another handle.

I believe you can sub the CB handle for the Overlander when purchasing.
You can, I did, very much prefer the CB handle as I had it with the CB razor. Overlander in my humble opinion, is way smoother, more forgiving and yet yields at BBS. Overlander is by far the better razor for my skin.

CB I had B,C,D plates with SB.

Top Bottom