What's new

Just ordered the Rockwell 6C ---- which blade to try first ?

Thanks Nav, but I only want to choose between the four blades that I already have on hand.
So, gents, it seems as if the Israeli Red is gaining some momentum.
So far ..... four for Nacet, two for Israeli Red, and one for Voskhod.

And that's a good idea, keeping the Rockwell free from glue. That rules out the Feather.

The persona red is the one I'd go for. Nacet second, feather third and voshkod in the trash :D

So far I tried the GSB and Polsilver in my 6C both are good with a slight preference for the Polsilver SI, definitely will give the Nacet a try and see how this goes

Gentlemen, .... you're the best ! Once my Rockwell 6C arrives, it will tried be with both the Nacet
and the Israeli Red Personna.
Then, once I decide on the blade, the next step will be to pick the plate. Oy Vey ! Decisions, decisions !
I'll probably start with plate # 3, and go form there.
Isn't this the world's best hobby ? I certainly think it is ! The adventure continues !
I have the 6C and it works great with GSB. When I first got it I used 3 as well because of my sensitive skin. But I quickly found out how smooth the 6C is, also paired with a GSB. I ended moving to plate 6 for my 1st pass then plate 4 for my 2nd pass and finished with plate 2. I also used it with a Perma-sharp which I feel is sharper and just a bit less smooth than a GSB. For the Perma-sharp I started on 5 then 3 and then 2. I don't use plate 1 because it is just to mild. I am going to try it out with a Voskhod as well as a Rapira Plat Lux soon.

Just an FYI, my favorite blade is the Voskhod. I just have not used it with my 6C yet.

As a default position I always start with my favourite blades and they usually work best in any razor I try. The conclusion is the blade is one of the most important factors.

Top Bottom