What's new

Just couldn't take it anymore

So after Movember, I wanted to see if I could grow a good mustache - better than I can do in a month. However, SWMBO was not having it. So I decided to do it all sneaky like. I grew my Van Dyke again, but didn't keep it trimmed short (guard 1.5) like I usually do. I did trim it with a scissors occasionally to keep it even.

I thought the mustache part looked pretty good, but I didn't like the chin part. My facial hair (except mustache) tends to be coarse and curly, so I ended up looking like an Egyptian pharaoh or something along those lines. In addition, that length just seemed to drive me crazy. Sort of itchy, but not exactly.

I shaved it all off last week. I'm going on a cruise next week, so it's just as well.

Ah, well... not all styles are for everybody, I guess. On the bright side, you have more area to enjoy shaving. lol

It's ok. I just shaved my December/January Mustache. The cool thing is that the hair will always grow back. I normally shave daily for about 2 months, grow a beard for 2 months, and then shave the beard down to a mustache for 2 months. I like the variety.

I decided to try keeping my circle beard longer and doing the trimming thing rather than the clippers. I like the way it looks better, but I really needed wax to control the flyaways. I don't like the clubman wax. Too sticky for me, leaves white residue that looks like dandruff, and wasn't good for my skin. I tried some beard oil that a friend gave me. Didn't do anything to tame the flyaways. I went ahead and picked up a beard balm to try, since they are supposed to be a good compromise. I found it just turned into oil when applied, and didn't do anything to control the flyaways. So I went back to the clippers...for now. I still like the way it looks better long, so I think I'm going to try some better waxes and see if I can find one that works for me.

I still have mine growing since movember. Coming along pretty good but I think I still got a while before it really looks good. Luckily SWMBO doesn't seem to mind it too much so continuing as I can.

Top Bottom