What's new

just completed first DE Shave

got my Merkur 34c earlier today and had my first shave with it this evening.

Also first time using Taylor of Old Bond Street Avocado, which I loved!

Also first time using Clubman aftershave - which also became the first time aftershave actually stung me.

Definitely a better shave on some of the hard to reach spots. I think I'll wait 2 days before doing it again. I definitely have some technique (and maybe patience) to develop before I achieve a complete BBS shave, but I like it!

Congrats! When I was first starting out I found that I could only use a DE (a Merkur 38C) every other day. After a month or so my technique improved enough that I could use it everyday. Enjoy the journey, you'll be hooked soon!

There's value in putting on a good balm and/or moisturizer. It makes your skin supple and a little more forgiving. Thought I had the most sensitive skin and that DE shaving may not work out until the preshave oil/moisturizing properties of the lather/aftershave balm/evening moisturizer use of a couple of weeks removed the razor burn and made shaving easier. Sure my technique improved but I believe my skin just became more forgiving.

Sounds like it went well for your first time. I have never tried the Avocado scent, but it sounds interesting.

Congrats - hopefully the first of many more wonderful shaves for you.

I would also suggest that a good balm might be a nice post shave product for you to consider. Also, a pre-shave product is in my experience very beneficial.

Congrats! I've been in it for just over a week myself. Mostly good, but then got a little cocky. No room for error, so take it nice and slow...but it sure is fun!

I've been doing Kyle's pre-shave and have liked that, but the balm I think would be very beneficial. Thinking I will try Pre de Provence.

May just get Poraso pre-shave as well.

Welcome! Glad you had a successful first DE shave. My first one was nearly 3 years ago with a 34C and I had some discomfort along with the closest shave I'd ever had. It's been great since. Enjoy figuring out which stuff works for you!

Top Bottom