What's new

Just back from Tokyo ...

You should have tried buying this. It's not so easily available outside of Japan.

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_wp6b76a8e4_06.png
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_wp32472c74_06.png

Comforts me to know 7-Elevens are alive and well in Japan...after losing our neighborhood one just last year. It's now a more upscale 24/7 convenience store. :(

7/11 is not only big in Japan (Alphaville anyone?), but they are completely different there. Not only are prices very reasonable for "convenience goods" (e.g. not marked up over what you pay at a larger store) but the food and drinks are EXCELLENT. Forget everything you know about microwave burritos and day old hot dogs. They have AMAZING to go food there. Some of the best onigiri I've ever had (rice balls with various things wrapped inside) came from a Tokyo 7/11. Everything is made fresh daily and this actually made with care and quality ingredients!

7/11 is not only big in Japan (Alphaville anyone?), but they are completely different there. Not only are prices very reasonable for "convenience goods" (e.g. not marked up over what you pay at a larger store) but the food and drinks are EXCELLENT. Forget everything you know about microwave burritos and day old hot dogs. They have AMAZING to go food there. Some of the best onigiri I've ever had (rice balls with various things wrapped inside) came from a Tokyo 7/11. Everything is made fresh daily and this actually made with care and quality ingredients!
Absolutely. We would end every day at the 7/11 and load up with snacks and breakfast. All train rides were preceded with a stop to load up on lunch to eat on board.

Thanks for overfeeding my envy of your recent excursion now that you've revealed how Japanese iterations of 7-Eleven differ so amazingly from US ones...they sound absolutely wonderful. Maybe one day will find me fortunate enough to experience the difference for myself. And, if not, thanks for the vicarious peek. Japanese stuff rocks; they made the best vintage straight razors after all. ;)

Top Bottom