What's new

Journey to 100 blades (journal)

Blade 51: Treet Dura Sharp

20230728_215701.jpg

Another Treet to try out this week with the Dura Sharp. The first shave was ok, but not as good as the New Steel.. In the Rocca it wasn't quite as sharp as the New Steel but still very smooth. The was close, although not quite as close, and there was some very minor irritation (which cleared up by the end of today).

Shave 2 with the Dura Sharp and a better shave today. The blade was sharper (still not as sharp as the Treet New Steel) but still very smooth. A closer shave with no irritation or Alum feedback.

Shave 3 with the Dura Sharp. It's still sharp but not quite as smooth. The close was as close as shave 2 but I had a couple minor spots of irritation and Alum feedback. A couple of spots also feel a touch "scrapped" but that sensation passed quite quickly.

Fourth and final shave with the Dura Sharp and just a quick single pass. The blade didn't feel as sharp today but felt smoother than the last shave. No irritation or Alum feedback but a couple of turn backs I had to tweezer out. It's been a bit of inconsistent blade when it comes to sharpness and smoothness overall.

Blade 52: Treet King

20230807_071115.jpg

Another Treet this week with the Treet King. Similar to the Dura Sharp, the first shave was ok but not as good as the New Steel.. In the Rocca it wasn't quite as sharp as the New Steel and also wasn't as smooth. The was close enough, although not quite as close as the New Steel, and there was some very minor irritation/ingrowns (seems to be clearing up quickly).

Shave 4 with the Treet King today and another pleasant shave. The blade still feels sharp and smooth and had minimal blade feel for the first two passes in particular. Another close shave with no irritation or Alum feedback. A very close runner up to the Treet New Steel with just the first shave letting it down.

Blade 53: Treet 7 Days Platinum

20230908_070649.jpg

The next Treet up for testing is the 7 Days Platinum. Shave 1 was impressive, at least as good as the New Steel, possibly better. The blade felt sharp and very smooth in the Rocca. It gave me a close shave with no irritation or Alum feedback.

Shave 4 with the 7 Days Platinum today and not quite as good a shave. It feels like it's lost a touch of sharpness (although still smooth) and the end result was a touch of irritation albeit still a close shave.

Blade 54: Treet New

20230918_085802.jpg

Another Treet blade loaded into the Rocca this week with the Treet New. This blade didn't feel as sharp as the other Treets but it was very smooth in this razor. I only had time for a quick two pass shave today and the end result was quite close enough. No irritation but a couple of curl back/ingrowns after the shave.

Todays birthday shave was the second shave with the Treet New and it wasn't that good. The blade wasn't as smooth as shave 1 and didn't seem to have sharpened up at all. Not much alum feedback or irritation but the shave wasn't overly close and I ended up with a few nicks (possibly due to the blade tugging and then catching). I wont be giving this one a third outing and will be moving onto my final Treet next week, one of the Carbon Steel blades (I'm not sure about Carbon blades and I'm going out on Friday for dinner and a show so don't want to risk looking all irritated or cut up 🤣)

Blade 55: Treet Classic

20231108_060752.jpg

Back to blade testing and another Treet blade was loaded into my Rocca this morning. I had though the Treet Classic was their Carbon blade but I was wrong, this one is another Stainless Steal Blade. It didn't feel as sharp as the other Treets and didn't provide the closest of shaves but it was very smooth in this razor. No irritation, Alum feedback or signs of ingrown hairs so far.

I've had two shaves with the Treet Classic since my last post with different results.

Shave 2 was similar to shave 1. Very smooth and slightly sharper providing a shave that wasn't as close as I would usually like, however, with no irritation and minimal alum feedback.

Shave 3 was a better shave. The blade felt sharper today but still very smooth. The end result was the closest shave so far with this blade. No irritation, however, some minor Alum feedback again.

Shave 4 with the Treet Classic and not quite as good as Shave 3 (but better than Shaves 1 and 2). The blade wasn't quite as sharp as Shave 3 but still very smooth. A close enough shave with not irritation or Alum feedback.

Overall this hasn't been my favourite Treet due to the first two initial shaves, but the final two shaves were pretty good.

Blade 56: Gillette Minora Stainless Steel

20231215_061942.jpg

I'll be working my way through a raft of Gillette/P&G blades next and decided to start with the Minora Stainless. Shave 1 was very good, it felt sharp and very smooth in my FaTip Piccolo Gentile and provided a close shave with no signs of irritation and no Alum feedback.

Top Bottom