5-13-24 Monday 10 am
Shave 65/366.
May GRUME still in
2 pass DFS+

Razor: U4 (1974) SuperSpeed
Blade: Perma-sharp 1
Soap: Macduff's Badlands
Brush: APshave G5C

50th Birthday shave this morning. Used one of the gift soaps from Tracey along with my birthyear Superspeed.
The soap is MacDuff's usual excellently slick lather and the scent is fantastic! Light and lively citrus and peach...awesome.
The razor is a deceptively efficient shaver, no blade feel at all but I managed DFS+ and a couple weepers.

Jay
Happy Birthday!
Goucho 1.jpg

5-15-24 Wednesday 930pm
Shave 67/366.
May GRUME still in
2 pass DFS+

Razor: U4 (1974) SuperSpeed
Blade: Perma-sharp 3
Soap: RR Gold Label stick
Brush: RR The Bruce

Quickie shave with the Gold Label stick. Very impressed with the slickness, was as easy as Arko! to get the lather right.
Getting used to the SuperSpeed, improved to DFS+ and no weepers.

Jay

This post is to document a first for me. 40+ years of using a chainsaw and today was my first injury outside of shavings in my eye.

Bucking some branches, rolled to finish the cut. Turned to move and the tip of the bar tapped a block, kicked right into my ankle.
Thru my workboots and left me a 5 stitch gash.

Will be honest and admit it scared the **** out of me! I felt it cut in but then it didnt hurt much at all. I really expected to be applying a tourniquet when I pulled my boot off. Nope just a slow steady ooze, clean and a few stitches.

Have a good weekend!

6-3-24 Monday 9pm
Shave 72/366.
3 pass DFS+++

Razor: Z3 SuperSpeed
Blade: Perma-sharp 1
Soap: MWF
Brush: AP/Semogue Mistura

Z3 SuperSpeed with a fresh Perma-sharp is a close match for the Overlander on my face. I still need to be the slightest bit more aware of angles but only just a bit. I week with it should solve that!
MWF and Clubman original is a great match.

Jay

Top Bottom