What's new

Jay21's Journey Journal

Jay21

Collecting wife bonus parts
Are you sure about that?

View attachment 1846834

Well, @Jay21 , like in every waking moment, I got the GC v Lupo wrong, but at least I got it wrong in a way that might help a correct answer be described.

Both razors are happy clampers, but there’s more to imbuing a wafer-thin strip of martensitic steel with rigidity, or, at least, mute its tendency to be a flap-happy wisp of an alloy. I believe most users both find the Lupo more effective and most users use a neutral or steep angle. Pure speculation on my part.

Does the rounder curve help when the safety bar or comb ain’t touching skin? Is it the shape of the cap more significant in this effect? Is it a case of esthetics guiding the user’s image of the razor and how s/he believes it ought to be used driving the results?

I don’t rightly know.
No worries at all. This is probably why the Lupo shaves me closer when I ride the cap a hint less. It seems it makes the blade angle on the skin more like the Game Changer.

Of course, today's shave was a sample size of 1. I need to put some more under my belt using different blade gaps to be certain. But, I'm going to just shave as if I normally would and see how they turn out. I had tried to go a little steeper with the Lupos lately, but that caused some sting. So I'm on the right track with cap riding them.

Jay21

Jay, did they have the regular Stetson at your Walmart? I don't see it on many shelves these days. I ordered my last bottle online. I haven't used it in some time. I need to revisit it soon.

Perhaps my local Walgreens or CVS has it.
They did, but it was under lock and key behind glass doors. I also didn't want to find the lone employee in the building for the privilege of paying $25 for it when the tacky version is $5.

Jay, did they have the regular Stetson at your Walmart? I don't see it on many shelves these days. I ordered my last bottle online. I haven't used it in some time. I need to revisit it soon.

Perhaps my local Walgreens or CVS has it.
Just checked my Walmarts around and they do have the real deal Stetson. One of these days when I feel real fancy I will have to pick up one to see what the fuss is all about.

Jay21

Also tempted to try Stetson. Will I like it? Will it be one more thing I like that my body’s chemistry turns into cat pee?
I liked the smell when I splashed some on my fingers. The Mrs. also loves the smell. I didn't find the tacky Walmart version to be too tacky. It has about as much tackiness as Aqua Velva Ice Blue and Gillette Cool Wave.

Jay21

The smell of it actually is pretty decent. It is just a bit weird as compared to other after shaves. Maybe it is just me.
You're not the first to comment on it's tackiness. I'm not too concerned because my skin is always tacky for an hour after my shave because I rub in Nivea balm on top of whatever splash I use, including Old Spice, which has caster oil.

Top Bottom