Soap: Arko, mug loaded and lathered
Razor: RR Lupo 95
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Number of passes: 2, XTG
Touchups or buffs: no
Aftershave: Old Spice and Nivea Sensitive balm
Sting: Almost none, more of a tingle
Result: DFS (stubble ATG on neck)

I went back to my old brush and Gillette Nacet this morning. I whipped up perhaps the best lather I've ever made with Arko. It was definitely of the yogurt consistency that is talked about. I had the smallest traces of tingle from the Old Spice. I think this confirms that the Lupo 95 is at the upper limit of what I can tolerate for daily drivers. Two passes will work. Three passes will not. That's ok because I like the extra efficiency of two passes that lets me accomplish what other razors take three.

Boris, from here on in when I use the acronym "GSB" for you it will refer to your vacation or trip status, for example:
"Going South Buddy", "Going South Boris", Go South Boris" "Good Ship Boris" etc

My favourite, which will never see the light of day with you "Gillette Saves Boris"...BADABOOM! Here, briefly.

reface_1603146737281_969.GIF

Jay21

Collecting wife bonus parts
Pre-shave: KCG Beard and Face Wash
Brush: RR 400 Plissoft, matte handle
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
Sting: none

I'm always looking to tweak my shaves. Not too long ago, I started letting my pre-shave soap rest on my face for about 5 minutes while I took my meds, brushed my teeth, and whipped up my lather. I liked how it softened my whiskers and made them easier to cut. However, I swear my shaves weren't as close and I was more prone to aftershave sting. I think the sting part is easily explained because my skin was simply softer after the pre-shave rested longer. The closeness part took some thought and investigation. Apparently, some believe that soft whiskers may cause the razor to skip over them and not cut them as closely, especially if your hair lies flat across the skin, like mine.

So, this morning, I applied my pre-shave and rinse it off pretty quickly, like I had done for months previous. The result? Absolutely no sting from the Old Spice. Was it closer? Maybe. Can't really tell yet. I'll have to shave some more and collect more data, but I may be able to get in third pass now if my face isn't as prone to sting. Time will tell.

Also, apparently I have a custom title now. It was from a typo in a butter thread of all places. It's pretty amusing.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Also, apparently I have a custom title now. It was from a typo in a butter thread of all places. It's pretty amusing.

Hey, at least your new title is better then what I got. But mine kind of matches my journey towards humility and enlightenment, take the good with the bad, take it all in pride, life is short otherwise.

You'rs is pretty funny though, I quite like it. Have you tallied up the score? LOL! Like I said about mine, take what you got, take it in pride, see the hilarity in it, embrace the humor, life is good.

Jay21

Hey, at least your new title is better then what I got. But mine kind of matches my journey towards humility and enlightenment, take the good with the bad, take it all in pride, life is short otherwise.

You'rs is pretty funny though, I quite like it. Have you tallied up the score? LOL! Like I said about mine, take what you got, take it in pride, see the hilarity in it, embrace the humor, life is good.
I always thought your title was pretty hilarious. I wasn't sure what the story behind it was, but I can imagine......

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I always thought your title was pretty hilarious. I wasn't sure what the story behind it was, but I can imagine......

Thanks! It was right after I wrote a review for my Timeless Bronze 0.38 razor. I was talking about how I appreciate a nice fat handle in my hand, something easy to grip, and not slip. Once you've used a Merkur Futur razor with wet soapy hands, you've likely experienced what its like when a razor gives you the slip, with a smooth grip, and you don't want razor slippage when there is a blade in it. lol

Jay21

I find those custom titles quite funny. It would be hard to imagine what I could end up with, with all the typos a misspellings I make. I guess I have to be more careful of what I write and say. It might get engraved one of these days.
I've been lobbying for you to be the soap whisperer, but I gather it has to be something stupid or funny that you say to earn such a title.

Jay21

Pre-shave: KCG Beard and Face Wash
Brush: RR 400 Plissoft, matte handle
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)
Sting: none

Really top shelf shave this morning. Once again, I didn't let the pre-shave rest on my face, which leaves my whiskers tougher and presumably easier for the blade to destroy (that's the hypothesis, anyway). I went a little steeper in my angle, trying to go neutral with the bar and cap both making equal contact in an attempt for more blade contact with my skin. The shave was a little closer than yesterday but there was no Old Spice sting. Let's see if I can put down a series of these shaves.

Top Bottom