What's new

Japanese software

While using my Japanese Seto-Marujyu shave mug today, I question popped in mind. I've thought of this before, but never posted.

Where are the Japanese softwares? I use a Japanese shave mug, have a Japanese Kanayama strop, haved used Japanese straight razors, they make Feather razors...... what about software? I have seen Lucido aftershave, but not much else.

There really arent any Japanese soaps because they all use brushless creams. Really, for software, Japan is really mostly just about aftershaves.

There really arent any Japanese soaps because they all use brushless creams. Really, for software, Japan is really mostly just about aftershaves.
Any idea on the brushless creams or aftershaves? Having my Japanese shave mug, it had a brush rest to place the brush during passes.

There's always "Shave Loss" shaving soap (80 grams, 1899 yen).
Shave Loss.jpg

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I use this and it is superb, the feel of the skin 30 minutes after application is wonderful. Nice burn too 👍

v.jpg

I cannot find it at the moment, but there is someone who posts pics, I believe with a SR, of a soap with a nude woman riding a dragon. Sure looks "Japanese", but not sure what it is. Can someone shed any light there?

interesting question.
wouldn't japan have to import most of the oils and fats?
Dunno, but it would be awesome if somebody made a shaving soap based on the scent of a freshly-peeled mikan (a small orange kind of like a clementine) or on the scent of a nashi (hard Asian pear; they smell amazing!).

Great thread!!

I have only used Japanese hardware, which is very fine indeed!! :a21:
I agree. Japanese hardware is top notch. That's why I find it odd that a country that produces such precision made hardware doesn't produce a well known soap/cream. Maybe the Japanese are so manly they do not require software, only water. 😬

I saw this at Marshall's today. It looks like a brushless cream. I didn't get it.
Never tried it, but that's a good company. Probably a good brushless cream.
I don't use brushless creams at home, but have been known to do so when traveling. Don't travel much nowadays (thanks, coronavirus!) but in the future when life gets back to semi-normal I might need one. I wouldn't hesitate to make this one my next brushless cream, even without trying it and without reviews. I have faith in that company.

Top Bottom