What's new

Jack Black beard lube question

Many years ago I got a small tube of jack black beard lube, I used it as a pre shave. Rubbed it into my facial hair, left it on and lathered over it, I bought some recently and read on line that you are supposed to use it instead of shaving cream or soap.

My question is, those of you that use it, how do you use it? If this post is in the wrong forum please move it. Thank you

I am not familiar with the product at all. Does it make lather if you mix it with water?

Edit: I just got this off of one of their ads.

To use, work a small amount into your slightly damp beard every time you shave in the shower, or immediately after showering. For areas with heavier, coarser whiskers, allow product to remain on skin for 60 seconds before shaving. Glide razor over face. Rinse with cold water. ©Jack Black

No, it’s hard to explain what it does, the best I can say is that it goes on clear, it stays clear and makes a slick film. It doesn’t lather or foam.

I recently use it under a layer of whipped up Old Spice Lime and can honestly say I felt like I really, really, really never shaved. You could use it as shave cream, but I wouldn't.
"felt like I really, really, really never shaved"
As in the razor didn't cut any hair?
Or it was so slick and comfortable that it was like the hair just wiped away?

Any idea how many shaves one would get out of the bigger 175ml tube?
Provided you follow the instructions given.

Top Bottom