What's new

I've tried a sample pack - liked ‘Israeli Personna’ - which others should I try?

A couple of months ago I purchased a sample pack of DE blades which contained;

1. Feather New Hi-Stainless
2. Derby Extra
3. Wilkinson Sword Double Edge
4. Dorco Platinum
5. Gillette Platinum ‘Swedish Gillette’s’
6. Merkur Super Platinum
7. Super + Platinum ‘Israeli Personna’

The Super + Platinum ‘Israeli Personna’ were definitely the best for me.

Before I now go and purchase some of these in quantity, are there any other brands I could/should try which might be the same or higher quality than these?

Thanks!:thumbup1:

I dont know what kind of razor you have but I love the wilkinsons in my merkur HD but hate them in every other razor I own. Thats the only razor they shave with without tugging on my beard.

I have been been wet-shaving for about three weeks now. I have been using the merkur HD with the Merkur Super Platinum blades to get my fundamentals down. However, I got the sampler pack yesterday to begin experimenting. The Merkur blades have been good, but the Derbys left my face feeling a bit rough from the tugging. I am going to have to try the wilkinsons and Israelis over the next few days to see if they are better. Thanks for the advance and help.

A couple of months ago I purchased a sample pack of DE blades which contained;

1. Feather New Hi-Stainless
2. Derby Extra
3. Wilkinson Sword Double Edge
4. Dorco Platinum
5. Gillette Platinum ‘Swedish Gillette’s’
6. Merkur Super Platinum
7. Super + Platinum ‘Israeli Personna’

The Super + Platinum ‘Israeli Personna’ were definitely the best for me.

Before I now go and purchase some of these in quantity, are there any other brands I could/should try which might be the same or higher quality than these?

Thanks!:thumbup1:

If you are happy with these blades and your shaves, your search is over-for now!

Marty

My current favorite combination is a Z1 SS with Astra blades. They are the sharpest blades I've used. I think they are sharper than feathers.

Thanks guys. Might go ahead and purchase some Super+ Platinum ‘Israeli Personna’.

My current favorite combination is a Z1 SS with Astra blades. They are the sharpest blades I've used. I think they are sharper than feathers.

Is that the Astra Superior Platinum or the Astra Keramik Platinum? I think both cost the same price.

Top Bottom