What's new

I've become a "Boar Monger"

Got myself, my First two boar brushes awhile ago and am breaking them in. Wow! Why did I waste so much money on Badgers for? I think I'm on to a new AD, BSBAD.

Not totally over to boars, but I must admit the Semogue boars in particular have smitten me out of all the brands I've tried. Many other fine ones as well, I just like those particularly well! :001_cool:

So what did get buddy?

I've got an Omega 'Professional' 10049 that is breaking in just lovely. The tips have split and is starting to bloom really nice. I'm getting some SBAD at the moment and have just order the Vulfix 404 badger/boar mix and a Simpsons Special in Best Badger. I also want to get another Omega boar soon as well. I'm just not sure that the SWMBO will be too pleased about all the new brushes :lol:

So what did get buddy?

I've got an Omega 'Professional' 10049 that is breaking in just lovely. The tips have split and is starting to bloom really nice. I'm getting some SBAD at the moment and have just order the Vulfix 404 badger/boar mix and a Simpsons Special in Best Badger. I also want to get another Omega boar soon as well. I'm just not sure that the SWMBO will be too pleased about all the new brushes :lol:

One has to real careful in these matters as not to not ensure the wrath.

One has to real careful in these matters as not to not ensure the wrath.

Oh it's coming alright :lol: My missus just doesn't know about these purchases yet. I'll giver her the old line of "These are on offer and I can try both and return whichever I decide I don't want" then I'll hide them and she'll forget and that will be it.

Besides, I'm buying her a new vac this week so my shaving stuff is only fair right? LOL

BTW, congrats on the Semogues. Not a big fan of their designs myself as I prefer Omega's but hey, having so much choice is what it's all about.

Besides, I'm buying her a new vac this week so my shaving stuff is only fair right? LOL

Nooo! Don't use that reasoning with her. You'll get "Well you live here too. Don't you make dirt?" Then she'll suggest that maybe you should vacuum every once in a while too.

Ask me how I know.

I love my Omega 66. Admittedly my only other experience is with a craptastic Wilkinson brush, but the Omega doesn't feel lacking in any way, now that it's broken in. It was a bit scratchy at first but it softened up nicely as the tips split. I think if it were any softer it would not be scrubby enough for my tastes, and I like that the bristles have stiffness.

I'm sure SBAD will come along to bite me in the *** soon enough (I'd really like an Omega 49...) but for the moment I am content with my $13 brush.

The greatness of a quality boar is one of the best kept secrets in shaving. I do like my Rooney 3/1, but you really don't need a badger if you get a good boar.

...then I'll hide them and she'll forget and that will be it.
SWMBO never forgets!

re: boars
I know it's all down to one's own personal tastes and preferences, but.. I gotta agree.
I have a few boars and like them a lot.
No-names, Boreal, Semogue, Omega, a vintage Dubl Duck.
..favorite? ..toss up between the Dubl Duck (original bristles/knot) and my Omega 10098 (breaking in nicely).
FWIW.. my soaps tend to start lathering themselves just by SHOWING them a wet boar brush! LOL :tongue_sm

I really enjoy using my Omega 49. I was afraid I ruined it when I dropped it on the tile floor. Just a flesh wound, a crack did develop but that was all. I use it almost daily and the tips are soft and the brush still has a solid backbone. I wish I had bought 2 when they were available at Target.

Top Bottom