What's new

It’s one of those threads: what are your desert island tobaccos?

It's hard for me to narrow it down to three as I've only been back at pipe smoking for a little over a year, after a 30+ year hiatus. The number of blends available is astounding and I'm working on finding what I really like. Thus, my top three changes from time to time. I have a fair amount of Escudo and Viprati stored up, along with PS LBF. But lately I've discovered the house blends at Watch City Cigar & Pipe; I've liked all I've tried and a few of them are show stoppers. A new blend, Rhythm & Blues is a wonderful VaPer; Quints Own is very much akin to some Frog Morton Cellar I recently smoked; Deluxe Crumb Cut is a fantastic burley. 4Q is an upscale...well you can imagine what.
My top three right now? Quints Own, Rhythm & Blues, and SPC Plum Pudding Special Reserve. I need more of all three!

I just discovered Watch City recently. I will be getting their flake sampler soon along with a couple of other tobaccos I'm interested in trying that are not part of the sampler. I've heard a lot of good things, but there are not many reviews on tobaccoreviews.com

I'm new to the pipe and an uncultured rube besides so the only tobaccos I've tried so far are PA,Carter Hall and a local house blend.

I found I liked the Carter Hall enough that I went back and bought a couple canisters of it. I've got to try some of the other blends I see mentioned here often.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I'm new to the pipe and an uncultured rube besides so the only tobaccos I've tried so far are PA,Carter Hall and a local house blend.

I found I liked the Carter Hall enough that I went back and bought a couple canisters of it. I've got to try some of the other blends I see mentioned here often.
If you like Carter Hall, then you will like a lot of VaBurs.

CD Sunday Picnic. Va/Per with some Turkish Izmur. Lovely stuff. My all day smoke. Penzance is great but so is Arrango Balkan supreme. SG Brown Flake would be my third.

I'm a Nightcap lover and have enough to last a short while, but am happy to hear that it has been picked up by Peterson. Hopefully any changes will not affect my love for it. After that I enjoy Penzance (fresh is better IMO) and Squadron Leader if I want to get away from heavier english blends. Something "sweet" I would reach for Pembroke via the Hirsute Shuffle and if I could lay my hands on some then Frog Morton Cellar on occasion. For the long play (ie: aged) I would stash away HalOtheWynd for a few years minimum.

Top Bottom