What's new

Italian Barber BLACK FRIDAY CRAZY Sale

I was kind of hesitant to post this because I did not want to blow up this thread with posts because I'm sure they will have more sales with in the next week.

Razorock handles are on sale: Razor Handles – ItalianBarber - https://www.italianbarber.com/collections/razor-handles

Razorock soaps are also on sale: Deal of the Day – ItalianBarber - https://www.italianbarber.com/collections/sale-deal-of-the-day?redirect_mongo_id=65572acd803d94b6625833b0&utm_source=Springbot&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=65572acd803d94b6625833af
1700239211302.png

I checked out the sale, and I'm underwhelmed.
Nacets for $15/100 when they've been $10/100 for months. The "sale" appears to conceal substantial price increases to the "non-sale" prices, IE, the Nacets new "non-sale" price is now $20.00/100.

The only soap I was interested in, XXX, isn't on sale, at least I couldn't find it on sale.

Maybe some of the more expert shoppers can point out some good deals, because so far, I'm not finding them.

Nacets for $15/100 when they've been $10/100 for months. The "sale" appears to conceal substantial price increases to the "non-sale" prices, IE, the Nacets new "non-sale" price is now $20.00/100.

The only soap I was interested in, XXX, isn't on sale, at least I couldn't find it on sale.

Maybe some of the more expert shoppers can point out some good deals, because so far, I'm not finding them.
Most of the PPI blades are going up in cost lately. He's had the Nacets at that price point for a few weeks. He held the $10 cost on them far longer than I expected.

This is a fairly typical sale for IB. The prices on the WTP soaps are pretty good, and he's got a good selection of some of his other 'soft' soaps. The stainless handles are good finds. Last year I grabbed a UFO handle for $9 and I may nab a spare HD handle this year. The 37 Slant is basically what the handle by itself typically costs. He typically puts most of 'his' stuff on sale around this time and that's what I'm seeing in this sale. If you watch long enough in the course of the year he tends to put all of his stuff on sale at some point.

I'm happy with it. I've been waiting a while to get the 'new' Lime and Almond WTP soaps so I may grab the sticks.

I check his Deal of the Day almost every day. This sale looks like the Deal of the Day he's had for the last few weeks, and he starts the 'new' stuff with the handles ( adding about 4 pages of stuff to what he already had out there like the Nacets )

Yeah, now we have to do pre-sales research so we know the true current prices just to combat these kind of shenanigans.

There may be some funny business, I also noticed the Nacet blades. I did get a couple of razor handles for $20 each instead of $30 each. I already have bought so much from them the last couple of months (2 SE's, 3 slants, 1 half DE), that I couldn't get up to the $60 for the free shipping.

They have the Titanium Halo handle for $19.99, that's a good deal!
But buying it alone will cost you $8 for shipping. It's good if you
throw it in with other stuff that will get you up to $60 in order to get the free shipping.
I just don't see anything else that I'd want that's on sale!😕

Goatrope

Eccentric and destitute of reason
Hmm, they've got the RR Bruce synthetic brush on sale for $7.99. I've been thinking about getting one of those for a while.

Only problem is. I can't think of another $52 worth of stuff I need in order to get the free shipping. :(

I finally broke what turned out to be a full year (with on exception for one 100 pack of blades last March) shaving acquisition acquisition hiatus on this sale. Wanted to try on of the Razorock (Baili rebranded) Adjust razors for $7.99. Also threw in a $4.99 Tech II, a few pucks of What-The-Puck (WTP), the stainless shaving bowl and a couple of the new brush stands that also hold a razor. Added a P160 to try RRs tallow formula (realize with tallow as 5th ingredient this is vegan with some tallow added) Italian shaving soap.

Some prices have gone up a bit from my last Italian Barber purchase of a couple years ago when four WTP soaps could be had for $10 versus $12 today. Items such as RR brushes and razors are at similar value prices to what's been seen earlier.

For other B&Bers the Monster ($7.99) and Big Bruce ($8.99) are great value brushes - I use both with a Blondie (Not on sale now) boar exclusively. My Monster is over three years old and looks almost as good as new. They quickly whip up gobs of great lather from most of my soaps and creams. They also stand up to some hot water that allows delivery of warm face lather.

Note that the WTP soap bundles are not a good deal as you can buy the individual pucks for the same or less total cost and only then need to buy your favorites versus the full WTP assortment.

Top Bottom