What's new

Is this the right cartridge

since I am on 2 different drugs that “thin the blood” I am afraid to continue using my injector razors. I tried an older Panasonic arch 4 but shave didn’t last, by evening I needed to shave again.
Then I tried my old Mach 3. The shave was close but i got to much irritation. I am now using fusion with yellow cartridge and a power handle. What do you guys think of the combo? I am looking for a close irritation free shave. I could get that with my injector.

I would say try an electric. The Braun 310s can be had for around $30 in Walmart or Target and gives a surprisingly close but comfortable shave.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
2 drugs that thin the blood. Can you simply grow a beard?

If not, I second the electric option. Seems the safest.

Or

Gillette Guard. Simple, 1 blade cartridge, and cheap.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
For cartridges the Skinguard is probably safer than ones with more blades. Skinguard by design will not shave as close as other cartridges which further reduce the risk of a cut. I've tried one and think it's plenty close. Certainly DFS or better for me.

Also as Slybrewguy and Toothpick mention, an electric would even be safer.

I own two and can recommend either one as providing an excellent shave.
Norelco 4100 Cheap and quite good.
Panasonic Arc-5 - but since you already know you don't like the Arc-4, I doubt the Arc-5 would be much difference, but haven't used an Arc-4 personally.

I find it impossible to cut myself with a Type L injector. Have you considered a Hydro 3 or Quattro?

I have a Schick J and it is possible to cut your self, but it is difficult. I haven’t had the desired results with an electric. They start off at what feels like BBS but quickly I can feel stubble. I have a fast growing beard I guess.

I will try a skinguard. Do they fit the fusion handle?

If that doesn’t work, I’ll go the the Quattro line. Do they have extra goo? I don’t think I would like that.

Is the Schick L a clone or an original?

Thanks for all the suggestions.

K

since I am on 2 different drugs that “thin the blood” I am afraid to continue using my injector razors. I tried an older Panasonic arch 4 but shave didn’t last, by evening I needed to shave again.
Then I tried my old Mach 3. The shave was close but i got to much irritation. I am now using fusion with yellow cartridge and a power handle. What do you guys think of the combo? I am looking for a close irritation free shave. I could get that with my injector.
Have you tried using an alum block to stop bleeding? It works quickly for me.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

I have a Schick J and it is possible to cut your self, but it is difficult. I haven’t had the desired results with an electric. They start off at what feels like BBS but quickly I can feel stubble. I have a fast growing beard I guess.

I will try a skinguard. Do they fit the fusion handle?

If that doesn’t work, I’ll go the the Quattro line. Do they have extra goo? I don’t think I would like that.

Is the Schick L a clone or an original?

Thanks for all the suggestions.

K
My Schick Type L's are originals. I have around 10 to 15. They are freely available on eBay. I can't imagine they are much different from a type J. I have a few of those but never used one.

What blades do you use? I haven't had any issues with Chinese or Japanese Schick's, weepers from NOS and irritation from Personnas.

No alum block but I do have a septic pencil. I really don’t want to have the need to try it.

Styptic pencils are a waste of money. Pick up some powdered alum or McCormick Alum from a grocery store spice or canning aisle. Dip a wet finger in, apply, leave and brush off when dry. Make a paste if necessary. Best stuff ever made for shaving cuts or weepers. Back in the 1960s, when I used an injector, they sold containers of powdered shaving alum to stop bleeding. A little container lasts forever. I still have some left from the 1960s, but because my wife has been threatening for almost 50 years to throw it away if she finds it, I just use McCormicks for the rare weeper and save my hidden 60s stash in case I ever get a bad cut.

Top Bottom