What's new

Is this blade worth paying to get some scales?

No idea to the value and I understand that asking for such is a no-no.
I’ll let the pictures do the talking.
29B393E3-AD3E-4A31-9D32-203DF7B5A726.jpeg
8EE98F8C-69EA-47B1-9DF3-C3E01A6B9953.jpeg

If you want to shave with it and use them you probably want scales. If you are asking is it some rare valuable razor due to maker and or the remaining masonic etching then probably not. Looks like a beater razor to me and can’t tell if it is still honable/usable in the pics.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Scales will run about $80-100 for common materials. You can decide if the price +$100 is worth it. And it needs some cosmetic work too though it’s in decent shape if the other side is as good.

They’re not that rare and people ask a lot for them just because of the blade graphics - kind of like the razors with scales with the noveau naked lady, they think that makes the razor extremely valuable.

Scales will run about $80-100 for common materials. You can decide if the price +$100 is worth it. And it needs some cosmetic work too though it’s in decent shape if the other side is as good.

They’re not that rare and people ask a lot for them just because of the blade graphics - kind of like the razors with scales with the noveau naked lady, they think that makes the razor extremely valuable.
Hey! I like the Art Nouveau razors and they are my "special exotic" specimens LOL Not just the naked lady, but the deer and the bird eating the fish too LOL

It looks similar to one Joseph at Edge Dynamics has for sale, although his is NOS with ivory scales..

How big is the blade? Any scales on it now?

I find that scales are usually neutral as an investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How big is the blade? Any scales on it now?

I find that scales are usually neutral as an investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At its widest, it’s a little more than 7/8.
I tried to take some pictures of the opposite side as well as trying to take pictures of the edge and what little hone wear there was.
Also, it seems there’s some substance in the pivot hole.
05E5D952-5506-49D3-9394-A18B8F8928C5.jpeg
A8EC72D0-40D7-4CBC-9826-DD12F9F6E28F.jpeg
AA5A5F9E-374A-460F-B7F0-80291FB49684.jpeg
B34152B9-F954-4699-A5B8-CB5F4A3A6ABA.jpeg

Well, perhaps you can hone it and see how well it takes an edge. If it turns out to be a great shaver, then slap some scales on it.
twocents640-2.jpg

Top Bottom