What's new

Is this a good watch?

I have been keeping an eye out for a little while looking for a nice watch to start wearing. Used to always wear one but got out of the habit b/c of always having a cell phone on me.

Invicta Special Edition Multi-function Quartz Movement, Black Dial, Crown Protector, Black Leather Strap, 100M Water Resistance Stainless Steel Men's Watch

http://watch.1saleaday.com/

proxy.php

However it seems crazy that it should retail for $500 and they are selling for $50. :scared: Anyone ever bought from this site?

Never seen that site, but it doesn't seem right and I'd stay away from it. It'd be different if it was a real shop you could look at the product in...I mean, even a counterfeit watch for 10% of the price of the original could easily be worth buying, but why risk it?
Fourth item down on a googlesearch for 1saleaday.com gave me this

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/online/1saleaday.html

Enough said?

Any reviews on Invicta watches? The suggested retail is always fairly high, and the selling prices at quite a few vendors are usually very low -- like 20 percent of retail in some cases. I always wonder whether anyone pays full retail. I also wonder whether it's a decent watch even at the discounted prices you find.

Thumbs up, or thumbs down?

I've heard good things about the brand but I give this watch a thumbs down because I prefer mechanical watches, rather than quartz. If you don't care whether its mechanical or quarts...thumbs up.

Last edited:
According to the link it's sold out anyway.

FWIW Seems like a fair price on a basic watch. You can't get a worthwhile mechanical for anywhere close to that price, so if your simply looking for an accurate watch that is not too expensive and like the styling, it seems fine to me. Bottom line - if you like it and you're buying it for your own use and enjoyment rather than to impress watch snobs, it's a good deal.

Actually it's not a bad looking watch. Probably no better or worse than a comparable Timex or Casio.

If you watch (pun intended!) closely, you can find automatic Invictas on Amazon and ShopNBC fairly often. I bought an automatic with a Miyota movement (Citizen) for $75 shipped. It's been a great watch for the year I've owned it.

Thanks for the info. I thought the site seemed a little off...thanks for the links.

I'll probably hold off till Christmas anyway and see about going somewhere where I can try them on before I buy.

I've never dealt with these guys
http://www.rltwatches.co.uk/
but have promised myself I'd get one their own-brand or an O&W every time I log onto it. Alternatively,
http://www.mwcwatches.com/shop/
I have bought from. There was a problem with the order and a very "officer-class" gentlemen promptly called me in response to my email then gave me his name, personal office-number and a date on which to call him if my goods hadn't arrived by then. Excellent service, especially if you bear in mind I'd only ordered a strap!

I have 1 Invicta watch. Its a quartz movement, it keeps time well, about 1 second off in a month, it has worn well so far, I have had it about a year. I bought it at Costco for about $60 and the retail sticker said $355. If I had paid the full retail for it I would be a bit dissapointed, but at $60 it is fine.

I like the quality so far, having only paid what I did for it I use it as a daily beater and it has held up well. If you are a Costco member you can go and see some there, and they are sold at a significantly reduced price.

My wife just bought this for me. The blue is actually darker in person than it looks in that picture. I love it and taking links out of the band wasn't difficult at all.

Invica is a brand thats famous for "borrowing" designs off other brands, they use both swiss and japanese movements but arent as blunt as alpha about their design copies,

alpha just copies the whole watch adds a chinese clone movement, and then puts its label on it,

its a decent enough watch,

if i wanted a watch for less then 100 bucks, i would probobly go to a seiko 5 military or a 2nd hand seiko diver of the bay if i needed a presentable watch, the casio 5600 is more versatile, but it dosnt fit well with a suite,

http://www.seiko5ers.com/SNK809J%20SNK809K.htm the seiko 5 military in 38mm, theres a 42mm version for around 120 dollars,

Last edited:
Invicta's that are Swiss Made aren't bad watches. The others are junk. The biggest issue though is if you buy one pray you never need warranty service because you might just as well throw the watch away or pay to get it serviced yourself.

Invicta makes a good watch whether quartz or mechanical. Is it a Rolex or Patek.....no but then they don't cost much. The dials are usually the strong point, but the watch in general is usually well made. I've owned a few along with many other brands and for the price, they're fine. Customer service on the other hand.......very poor. As far as 1saleaday.com, I have used them with no problems more than once.

Tracy

Top Bottom