What's new

Is this a bargain?

Picked up for the princely sum of £3!

20210511_005539.jpg
20210511_005552.jpg
20210511_005621.jpg
20210511_005649.jpg
20210511_005702.jpg

It's a good deal regardless, but it's very good deal if it's an E2. Can you put up a picture of the underside of the head?

Great razor at any price. I just used one yesterday. At that price it’s a steal. Especially boxed. Nicely done.
Edit: here’s a dating site:

It's a good deal regardless, but it's very good deal if it's an E2. Can you put up a picture of the underside of the head?

I'll try and get a decent pic up later.

It says Patent 1937 Made In Canada so from the brief reading I've done I think that means G series maybe???

I'll try and get a decent pic up later.

It says Patent 1937 Made In Canada so from the brief reading I've done I think that means G series maybe???
While I'm not as familiar with the Canadian variants of the injectors I do believe you have an E2 or an E3 there. Probably an E2 based on the guard, there are no grooves. To be more confident I need to see how the spring attaches to the head. If it's suppose to be moveable it's an E2.

OK, couple more pics....

There is fluting on the corners of the handle but not sure if that constitutes the groove that's been mentioned.

Also, there is a blade in it at the moment which looks a bit worse for wear but I'd planned to leave in place until I get some brand new ones. I presume the blade needs to be removed to allow the spring to rotate?

20210511_144017.jpg
20210511_144029.jpg
20210511_144040.jpg

OK, couple more pics....

There is fluting on the corners of the handle but not sure if that constitutes the groove that's been mentioned.

Also, there is a blade in it at the moment which looks a bit worse for wear but I'd planned to leave in place until I get some brand new ones. I presume the blade needs to be removed to allow the spring to rotate?

View attachment 1264984View attachment 1264985View attachment 1264986
It's an e3 model, the spring isn't suppose to rotate but you can see a small semicircle scratch that indicates that someone did anyway. They likely used pliers, I recommend against doing the same yourself. The springs are fairly resilient but can be damaged still.

Leave the blade in until you get new ones. The new blade pushes out the old blade in a single motion. Pm me your address and I will send you some Personna and schick injector blades.

There are no grooves in the safety bar so I am going with E2. Only the early E2s opened.

There are no grooves in the safety bar so I am going with E2. Only the early E2s opened.
Ahh my mistake, I thought the determining factor was whether or not it could open.

The grooves in the safety bar are the tell then?

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but i'm still not 100% sure whatever my Schick is E2 or E3. I think it's E3, but a while ago I saw another Schick with the same head on another forum and according to the owner it was E2.

fdfdfd.jpg

Top Bottom