What's new

Is there a EU-made artisan shaving soaps?

I'm searching for a EU-made artisan shaving soaps? I found several websites in different countries and noticed that their products are not inferior to American soaps in price. But there seems to be a lack of diversity! Tell me, what is your favorite European shaving soap? Tell me what you think about it.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
There is plenty of diversity, Martin de Candre (France), Løthur (UK), Laugar (Sweden), Wickham (UK), Castle Gorbes (UK), Phoenix and Beau (UK). Savonnerie du Moulin (France), Le Père Lucien (France) Jabonman (Spain), Abbate La Mantia (Dutch I believe), Fitjar (Norway), Los Jabonnes de Jossera (Spain) …..

My favorites are Martin de Candre, Castle Forbes, Savonnerie du Moulin.

Los jabones de joserra from Spain is excellent.

Tcheon fung sing is probably too big to be considered artisan, but the soap is great and they make soap for lots of “artisan looking” companies.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Castle Forbes Scotland...shaved with their 1445 shave cream today...although...it's a bit like a croap. In any case...brilliant!

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
There is plenty of diversity, Martin de Candre (France), Løthur (UK), Laugar (Sweden), Wickham (UK), Castle Gorbes (UK), Phoenix and Beau (UK). Savonnerie du Moulin (France), Le Père Lucien (France) Jabonman (Spain), Abbate La Mantia (Dutch I believe), Fitjar (Norway), Los Jabonnes de Jossera (Spain) …..

My favorites are Martin de Candre, Castle Forbes, Savonnerie du Moulin.
Castle Gorbes is a favorite of mine! :a14::stuart::lol:

Thank you. Some of the brands are unfamiliar to me, I'il check them all out. I wish you a great shave. 😁

I'm searching for a EU-made artisan shaving soaps? I found several websites in different countries and noticed that their products are not inferior to American soaps in price. But there seems to be a lack of diversity! Tell me, what is your favorite European shaving soap? Tell me what you think about it.

Oh, there are plenty, but the old problem is that there does not seem to be a clear definition as to what is ‘artisan’ and what isn’t.

Some might even call Mitchell’s Wool Fat ‘artisan’, which is understandable looking at their unpretentious ‘headquarters’.

1643284371120.jpeg

Then again, even Saponificio Varesino call their product ‘artisan shaving soap’, while some other ‘artisan’ shaving soaps may be made to order for a specific brand by medium-sized, specialized soap producers who are not bigger than for example Martin de Candre.

Regulations regarding the composition of soaps may also be stricter in Europe, limiting the number of mom-and-pop operations, which may not be such a bad thing considering the number of woefully inadequate soaps that I experienced over the year in less regulated markets.

European ‘artisan’ brands with an overwhelming positive reputation that spring to my mind are:
Antiga Barbearia de Bairro
Baume.be
Epsilon for Men
Haslinger
Klar Seifen
Le Pére Lucien
Martin de Candre
Meissner Tremonina
Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Myrsol
Pereira Shavery
Saponificio Varesino
Scheermonnik

B.

Last edited:
Oh, there are plenty, but the old problem is that there does not seem to be a clear definition as to what is ‘artisan’ and what isn’t.

Some might even call Mitchell’s Wool Fat ‘artisan’, which is understandable looking at their unpretentious ‘headquarters’.

View attachment 1400153

Then again, even Saponificio Varesino call their product ‘artisan shaving soap’, while some other ‘artisan’ shaving soaps may be made to order for a specific brand by medium-sized, specialized soap producers who are not bigger than for example Martin de Candre.

Regulations regarding the composition of soaps may also be stricter in Europe, limiting the number of mom-and-pop operations, which may not be such a bad thing considering the number of woefully inadequate soaps that I experienced over the year in less regulated markets.

European ‘artisan’ brands with an overwhelming positive reputation that spring to my mind are:
Antiga Barbearia de Bairro
Baume.be
Epsilon for Men
Haslinger
Klar Seifen
Le Pére Lucien
Martin de Candre
Meissner Tremonina
Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Myrsol
Pereira Shavery
Saponificio Varesino
Scheermonnik

B.
Thanks for your time. I'm glad to see someone has a look at the market.

Good resource in EU to try things; with countries of origin listed to aid in your search.
Good luck and happy hunting/shavng

Saponificio Bignoli ( Northern Italy )

Extro Cosmesi ( Northern Italy )

Saponificio Varesino ( Italy )

HAGS ( Athens, Greece )

Faena ( Lesbos , Greece )

Le père Lucien ( Argenty, France )

Last edited:
Did not see Le Pierre Lucien.

And depending how you bend artisan the factory which makes tfs in Italy also makes razorock

In Scandinavia you have razormaster
Fitjar also Scandinavian
Highland soap company scottland

A website as Giftsandcare in Spain shows a lot of them

And if you want to see more strange and wonderfull the Yaqi fb page regularly shows Eastern Europe soaps.

Top Bottom