What's new

Is simpsons ch2 synthetic a lather hog

Hi all , i just baught a simpson ch2 synthetic i find i cant get the lather to leave the brush lol anyone have any advice

I have a Duke 2 Synthetic and love it to bits - my best brush by far. I don’t fint it to be a lather hog, don’t know if it is the same knot though…

Hi all , i just baught a simpson ch2 synthetic i find i cant get the lather to leave the brush lol anyone have any advice
Simpsons Chubby series have densely (more than usual) packed bristles and flow through of the lather can be difficult.

I have Chubby 3 Best Badger and I can totally understand how you feel. I tried Arko, Tabac Stirling, La Toja, Mitchell's and even William's Mug soap to bring down the brush into submission.

After a few months, I found that starting out with damp brush and loading heavily while adding drops of water helped me get good lather and release.

It is an indulgence and I don't use it regularly as it usually takes 3 days to dry especially during humid weather.

You can try to prepare the majority lather in the bowl and finish the lathering process on face, that will help you with the preparing of good quality lather with better hydration control.

Load heavy, if you still don't get desired lather then load heavier.

Regarding the question if Chubby 2 is a lather hog, maybe but since it is Synthetic, it will most likely work better after a few uses when you understand the required soap to hydration ratio.

All I can say is that with Chubby 3 (Big Bess) I never feel like I have too many soaps, lol.

Last edited:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
It will probably come good with use. Keep using it and see how you go. I have a Simpson Special Pure Badger and it seemed like a lather hog. After using it for a while it came good.

I don’t have that problem with mine, but I load heavily. I suggest you double your normal loading time and make the lather that way. You can dial it back to find the right balance between load time and lather release. As @Jim has said for years, the best cure for a lather hog is to use more product.

I don’t have that problem with mine, but I load heavily. I suggest you double your normal loading time and make the lather that way. You can dial it back to find the right balance between load time and lather release. As @Jim has said for years, the best cure for a lather hog is to use more product.
Thanks ill load lots of product

Top Bottom