What's new

Is Penhaligons worth the price?

I have the Endymion, Sartorial, Blenheim Bouquet, English Fern and Elixir. My favourite is Elixir. Unfortunately, as mentioned by others, the scent doesn't last more than a couple of hours.

There is no telling how it will rwxt with your skin so I highly recommend getting a sample or better buy a decant so you can test it several times. I bought a used bottle of Opus and ended up selling it. Very little sillage and lasted not even an hour for me.

Opus 1870 is my favorite winter cologne. I actually came to this forum to see about finding a decant of it if we still do that here.

I'm not a big fan of most of Pen's fragrances. At one time, Blenheim Bouquet seemed to be the fragrance of fragrances here at BB, but that's died down. Pen's English Fern is a very nice fougere but I prefer Trumper's Wild Fern. I think Hammam Bouquet is horrible. For me, the only Pen's fragrance I'd buy is Sartorial. StylinLA hit the nail on the head with his description of it.

I rarely disagree with The Nid Hog or StylinLA, but I remain a big Blenheim Bouquet fan, and to disagree with TNH, but apparently not with SLA, am pretty much of a Pen's fan, at least as to its usual line of scents. I am not that crazy about the limited editions and similar that I have tried. I think English Fern is the best of its genre. Elixir is wonderful, although I rarely wear it these days. Sartorial is nice, although not any better than EF to me. I do not really like Endymion, but I do not like many gourmands. Racquets is nice enough if you can find it as an elegant barbershop scent. Opus is wonderful to me. I respect HB but I do not think I would wear it. LP No. 9 men's is not my cup of tea. LP No. 9 for women is better no matter what your gender. I am leaving some out. Whatever the one is that is similar to Acqua di Parma is good for the genre. The juniper one is nice.

Solid house with a lot of variety from my perspective. I do not think I have ever paid full retail for a bottle, but I can say that about virtually any fragrance I own.

While ordering samples you may as well order the samples Trumpers offer too. Especially their version of Fern called wild fern.

My most favorite Penhaligon's Fragrance is a new one for them, Sartorial. It exudes quality and reminds one of the shops on Savile Row, London...

you ought to take a stroll over to Stats - Old Town Shave Shop and talk to Damon...he will guide you!

+1 To everyone who has highlighted Old Town Shaving in Pasadena.

They carry Penhaligons and you can smell them there. When I went there, I was able to get some Penhaligon sample colognes.

I have Endymion.

LOVING this marvellous fragrance. The only downside is the poor longevity, but other than that, it is just outstanding. Worth the price IMHO.

Planning on trying a few others soon.

I just ordered this. I have been wanting to try different ones but didn't want to drop that kind of money on a bottle of cologne and not be sure I liked it.

http://www.smallflower.com/penhaligons/gentlemans-frangrance-collection-2013-5mleach-set-10071011

Interesting assortment. Quercus is a Pen's scent I never think of and that I rarely, if ever, see referenced around here. I can barely remember it but I think it seemed like a innocuous light citrus to me. I wonder why Pen's bothers to but it in a sampler. Kind of annoying that Pens would discontinue Racquets but keep making Quercus. Maybe it sells more than I would think!

I rarely disagree with The Nid Hog or StylinLA, but I remain a big Blenheim Bouquet fan, and to disagree with TNH, but apparently not with SLA, am pretty much of a Pen's fan, at least as to its usual line of scents. I am not that crazy about the limited editions and similar that I have tried. I think English Fern is the best of its genre. Elixir is wonderful, although I rarely wear it these days. Sartorial is nice, although not any better than EF to me. I do not really like Endymion, but I do not like many gourmands. Racquets is nice enough if you can find it as an elegant barbershop scent. Opus is wonderful to me. I respect HB but I do not think I would wear it. LP No. 9 men's is not my cup of tea. LP No. 9 for women is better no matter what your gender. I am leaving some out. Whatever the one is that is similar to Acqua di Parma is good for the genre. The juniper one is nice.

Solid house with a lot of variety from my perspective. I do not think I have ever paid full retail for a bottle, but I can say that about virtually any fragrance I own.

That would be Castile. I agree, very nice scent. A little more floral than AdP..... especailly on the dry down, but very nice.

Ben

That would be Castile. I agree, very nice scent. A little more floral than AdP..... especailly on the dry down, but very nice.

Ben

Yes. Castile. A bit more British in style than AdP, but not so formal or dry as, say, something like Flores No. 89. I agree, a bit more floral that AdP, but nothing extreme. A scent I should wear more frequently than I do.

Castile is nice. Kind of like a warm, woodsy orangey scent.

$image.jpg

Top Bottom