What's new

Is Old Spice for old men?

I'm 20 years old and am wanting to try Old Spice but i'm slighlty put off by the 'old man' connotations it gives. How many people here in their 20's use it and what remarks do you get from your mates/women?

I use Old Spice Fresh, which gets a lot of compliments. I love the smell of regular Old Spice, but it just smells raunchy on me after my body chemistry kicks in. I'm 27, BTW.

I'm 49 years old and use old spice and been told by young women how good I smell.I love most of all the old school scents.I think to most young girls the scent of old school colognes hit their memory of how their fathers smelled and just dont make the connection.:thumbup1:

Just wear it a time or two. People will ask you what it is and be surprised when you say Old Spice. If you get any negative responses just say you're in a retro phase.

I'm 42 and I like it. Got me a bottle of the AS and cologne at a yard sale for I think .25 cents. It was made in 1989, but the box was sealed and they were brand new unopened bottles. My wife likes it because it reminds her of her father, I get at from work from some of the ladies here too, which doesn't hurt.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I'm 20 years old and am wanting to try Old Spice but i'm slighlty put off by the 'old man' connotations it gives. How many people here in their 20's use it and what remarks do you get from your mates/women?

Well do share when you get some answers. I'm hoping the 20 some odd year old girls give me a wink . . . until my wife gets out her rusty knife . . .

My dad was old when he was wearing old spice and now I'm his age when I remember him wearing it (he was a second world war vet and has passed on several years ago). I think the scent makes the grade still and independently.

I'm 58, slightly overweight and not that good looking anymore and have worn OS since I started shaving in 1963. But I can't keep the girls off of me! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I've been using OS for about 50 years. I have many scents that are far more expensive, none that gives me as many favorable comments as I receive with old faithful. If you want to call it an old man scent because guys like me use it, just know that I'm impervious to insults, and you'll be depriving yourself of something really terrific. :ladysman: My one disappointment: they've recently switched from the glass bottle to a plastic bottle that still has the old familiar shape. When I think of how many of the glass bottles I've pitched over the years. (Sigh:mad2:)

i have worn old spice all but 1 day over the last 6 months. i have received a few compliments, and never have had a negative response. you will never find a scent that pleases everyone. so i try to find one that pleases me. after all i am the one who has to smell it the most. i am 32 btw but i did wear it some in my 20's.

I feel the same way about the old man connotation of Old Spice but, c'mon the stuff has been around since the late 30's... it's a classic. It's had over 70 years to pick up fans. Anything with that kind of tenure is going to be highly subjective. Now it seems, that you like the scent and are just hung up on the old man stuff and what the opposite sex will think. Well in that case, there's only one real way to find out.....

I've been using it for a while and I'm 23. Never had one complaint. The theory about girls being attracted to it because it reminds them of their dad subconsciously is probably accurate.

im 21 and im a big fan of old spice (and tabac for that matter)

just go for it.

scents arnt made to wear for other people to like them, theyre there for YOU to enjoy!

29 and I love the stuff. Wear the cologne every day for work (and my fiancee says it smells great on me), and use the aftershave with regularity.

Half of pulling off a scent is being confident in wearing it. Just go with what you like, and be happy.

As long as you don't drown yourself in it there's no reason not to wear it. Don't tell anyone you're wearing it beforehand though - they'll make a decision on what their image of Old Spice is rather than how it smells on you. Think of it as a blind scent test. :)

I gonna go for it, iv recently found that I like splashes more than balms and Brut and OS is all we can get in england. Thanks for the replies.

Top Bottom