What's new

Is it worth rinsing in-between passes?

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I have generally rinsed my face in-between passes before relathering. When I haven't rinsed, I have not noticed any difference.

Your thoughts please.

I do not rinse. Mainly to conserve a little water and time (even though it is only a few seconds) and avoid any extra cleanup that might result.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I always rinse between passes to keep my face wet for the next application of soap/cream and I like to feel what parts of my face still have whiskers that need attention. By the way I don’t use a Straight Razor but I would still rinse between passes.

I do a little rinse sometimes, less at times and occasionally really good which could be with cold water as tonight was. Shoot, just try it all and pick yours. YMMV as always

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Rinse. Dont rinse. Makes no difference. I like rinsing because it gives me feedback on how much the last pass reduced my beard and where i still need some work. It also ensures my face stays hydrated.
Same.

I like to rinse. It adds a little more water for the next application of lather from the brush. Face lathering, BTW. Also, it just feels nice.

I like to rinse. It adds a little more water for the next application of lather from the brush. Face lathering, BTW. Also, it just feels nice.
I've got to add , it is a good time to add face water to lather if wanted. Yep, good point!

No rinse for me just straight into the next pass. I do find a rinse useful at the end to find any areas that might need a touch up.

Hot flannel between passes. I have very sensitive skin. Need to keep cleaning the lather off as quickly as possible otherwise I get psoriasis.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
I put a little water in my hand and splash it on my face between passes. I like the lather to be a bit more wet on the second pass.

I don’t. I also don’t “build” more lather for the second pass, just paint what’s already in the brush

Keep in mind that in my second pass I only shave my cheeks, side burns and chin/mustache areas. No neck. Since my hair grows in every direction in my neck I do a bottom up pass there on the first pass (for most this is the second or even third pass) and already get a BBS.

If my technique is good and the edge is fresh I can even get a BBS with a single pass, but that would waste a lot of lather in the brush, wouldn’t it? 😃

not for me yet.

I spend more time wiping little spots off so I can get a good hold for stretching.....that and taking another sip of coffee.

slick soaps......

camo

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
When I used a DE, there was a bit o moisture left on my face after a pass - enough for a bit of touching up. With a straight razor, my skin is completely dry between passes thus a splash of water before I re-lather.

Top Bottom