What's new

Is it ok to store brushes upright?

Wow, I am glad I found this. I was always trying to keep mine hanging. Glad I don't have to. It's so dry here I don't have to worry to much about drying it. It dries out in no time all on it's own.

There have been many helpful suggestions here, but i haven't seen anyone mention advice about twirling your brush. If you twirl the brush while applying lather to your face, be sure to turn it clockwise in the Northern Hemisphere, and counter-clockwise in the Southern. If you live on the equator you should avoiding twirling entirely and use a painting motion.

Question: "Is it ok to store brushes upright?"

Answer: NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unless you live 'Down Under' then it is perfectly acceptable :)

Of course whatever you do, you need at least a full week of brushes to allow them to dry properly.

Ok, I thought I had read somewhere that to "fully dry" a brush takes at least this long (even the fast drying ones). Now the reason to get 6 more brushes (abet slowly).

I was actually going to contact the creator of the Dyson fan and see if he could invent a brush dryer that allows the brush to hover in the drying chamber. While it is hovering the brush will inherently change angles of drying, after all that is really the key, keeping the brush at a different angle for no more than 17.3 minutes while drying...

this made me actually LOL!

Top Bottom