What's new

Irish Spring Body Wash

No offense, but I'll skip the bottle full of chemicals.

Ever since I started using soaps without SLS and oil crap in it, my skin has cleared up and has never looked healthier.

+1. You couldn't get me to wash my body with a body wash if you tried. If I liked the scent that much I would call my soapmaker and ask her to make me a bar of soap with that fragrance.

Tried it and it dried my skin out. Going to try the Dove body wash. Used to use the original "oil can" dial and it didn't dry my skin out as advertised. Can't find it anymore - they have a bunch of new variations that don't work near as well as the original did.

Irish Spring, in any of its forms, has always been one to avoid for me and anyone with sensitive skin. I tried it once out of necessity and it tore my skin up. I'll stick to my Yardleys soaps.

I like the scent of Irish Spring, but I have sensitive skin. I missed the scent, so I bought some of the Irish Spring body wash with aloe to see how it worked. I was not satisfied, with both the scent and the quality. The bars smell way better!

I used to have irritations as a child and in my teenage years to basically anything except oatmeal soap, well anything with fragrance or chems in it. Lately though my body has seemed to become a little more immune and I really enjoy things like Imperial leather soap bars, and ****** bouquet (I forget the first part of the name, lavender scented soap though).

I might have to try some of the Irish Spring soap, but I am not a body wash person, I prefer the feel of a solid lump of soap, and the clean feeling it gives afterwords, I never feel "clean" after using body wash, especially on a really hot sweaty day or after working out. Good bar of soap + after shower talc = best feeling you can get.

edit: I remember now, cashmere bouquet! seems less lavender scented as of late though.

Last edited:
I like a BW to have an invigorating scent for my morning showers, but the Irish Spring scent is really strong

Really brutal when you are half asleep in the morning, haha

No offense, but I'll skip the bottle full of chemicals.

Ever since I started using soaps without SLS and oil crap in it, my skin has cleared up and has never looked healthier.

To be fair, Dr. Bronner's has a bit of the "oil crap" in it, unless you were suggesting something else.

What other soaps do you use?

What oil crap?

You mean essential oils? I am talking about petroleum products.

Doctor Bronner's is the bomb, especially the peppermint. The oils in it are vegetable based and not petro-chemicals, but for daily use I use Kiss My Face, good compromise between cost and ingredients. Though my favorite flavor, herbal, was discontinued years ago. I keep a bottle of the DR B peppermint for really hot days. Heck I start itching just walking past all the over scented body washes! I think if it is scent you are after, you will get a lot bigger bang out of a good after shave or cologne instead of smelling like a dime store you can smell good!

Top Bottom