What's new

Invisible Edge honing

Today I got my 5/8 dovo back from Steve at invisible edge and just had to post a public recommendation and thanks for showing me the difference between an almost there and a real shave ready blade.
I'm only on my fourth try with a straight but it felt much better even to my inexperienced hand and I was able to make 3 passes on my cheeks and neck and get pretty close before resorting to my HD to finish up the trickier bits.Then I go back to the straight to get the odd strays that the HD never gets!
I can't wait till I get it together and can do the whole job with that blade. :001_smile

I have ordered a new dovo special coming from dovorazors.com/invisible edge, just playing the waiting game now!!

I have ordered a new dovo special coming from dovorazors.com/invisible edge, just playing the waiting game now!!

Enjoy it, it'll be damn sharp! Used mine again tonight, stropped it gently and it felt even sharper than the day before. Easily cuts floating hairs on my arm and I got almost a full shave with only a little de touch up to finish.

Hey Chris

So i got my dovo from Steve on Friday night. A very speedy turn around. Had my first shave today wtg on the cheeks and neck. Found it started to skip a bit, I think this is because I had a dry lather, as soon as I added water it was slick and smooth again. Might try an oil for my next go, but I gotta wait for my strop to come first. I went to my de to finish off, but in the places where I must have got the angle right with the straight I was bbs, that never happens with the de without a xtg or atg pass.

Let me know how you get on.

Rob

Hey Chris

So i got my dovo from Steve on Friday night. A very speedy turn around. Had my first shave today wtg on the cheeks and neck. Found it started to skip a bit, I think this is because I had a dry lather, as soon as I added water it was slick and smooth again. Might try an oil for my next go, but I gotta wait for my strop to come first. I went to my de to finish off, but in the places where I must have got the angle right with the straight I was bbs, that never happens with the de without a xtg or atg pass.

Let me know how you get on.

Rob

Hi Rob,
Getting better and a bit more confident, I also found the lather needs to be wetter for the straight than it does with the DE to let it slide. When I went for a second pass on my chin last night it snagged a bit so I gave it a light stropping and it made a huge difference and cut really cleanly and smoothly. I did my whole face last night and would have been OK for the day but had to (OCD?) finish off with the DE. It'll come with practice, can't rush things with these blades!

Top Bottom