What's new

Injector Observations.

I've had 3 shaves with my new Schick E2, using Chinese Schick blades. Here's what I've discovered so far:

I like this razor a lot, much more than the Gem Featherweight SE I have. I didn't like that razor at all.

The shaves I've had with it have been some of the closest shaves I've ever had. Nearly BBS, except for on my neck, but closer than with my DE. I know it's more aggressive than my DEs, and by the 3rd pass, I can feel the blade on my face. I end up with just a little irritation, but that goes away shortly after I go through my after shave routine. I've ordered a later model, an I1, to see if a slightly less aggressive razor will be better for me.

The down side is that it's not as smooth of a shave. I get some tugging and pulling on my beard. I'm guessing this is due to the blades, so I'm looking for some new ones to try. I have a few in mind, just have to get them, but I think this razor will be a staple in my rotation. I don't think I'm going to give up the DE razors, because I still love them as well.

I'm glad that you are enjoying the razor, but I'm surprised that the blades are tugging and pulling. In my experience, Chicks are very sharp and smooth blades. Are you using the same angle as with your DE razor? If so, you should be aware that injectors shave at an entirely different angle than DEs. You should hold the shave head almost flat against your skin--you only need a few degrees of angle (maybe 5 to 7), rather than the 30 degrees normal for a DE.

I'm glad that you are enjoying the razor, but I'm surprised that the blades are tugging and pulling. In my experience, Chicks are very sharp and smooth blades. Are you using the same angle as with your DE razor? If so, you should be aware that injectors shave at an entirely different angle than DEs. You should hold the shave head almost flat against your skin--you only need a few degrees of angle (maybe 5 to 7), rather than the 30 degrees normal for a DE.

Yeah, I got the angle down. My beard is extremely coarse, and even with DE blades, many are too rough to shave with. I'm going to keep going with it, especially since I loving the shaves.

You could try cutting down a feather pro blade as used in the cobra razor as these are considered to be the sharpest se blade, but they can take a few shaves to with me to smooth out, but then they are superb.

just my 2p

You won't find much love here for Personna injectors, but some like them better than the Chicks.

I personally prefer the Chicks for three reasons. They're smoother than the Personnas, they have a magazine that doesn't break easily, and they're available locally for cheaper than I can get them online.

Top Bottom