What's new

Injector Info?

Hi All,

I'm still a newbie and I'm really getting into the art and adventure of wet shaving.

I've collected about four DEs and I want to try a good injector. I have one schick adjustable but would like to try one that's not adjustable. I've seen several on eBay tonight, but they are all quite different. There's one type with a bakelite handle and a spring-like mechanism under the head. Then there are those that are straight, no-frills handles with a head.

I'm looking for a little guidance on what to look for and what to veer away from. When looking on eBay, I never see any reference to a model type for injectors. Any and all input is welcome and appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Your Schick adjustable is a good one to start with because of its, well its ability to adjust. However, if you are interested in a non-adjustable, leaving aside the more ancient Schicks, there are really 2 types, depending on the handle. Short, or older ones from about 1935, or the longer handled ones from the late 50s. The older ones are more comfortable for me, which is interesting as I used the long handled ones for decades. They are also a bit more aggressive, which I also prefer.

The only other real difference, aside from handle color, is the Hydro-Magic system which allows you to clean out the guts of the razor, but inserting a new blade probably scrapes away the unsightly residue of hair and soap scum. As my bears is heavily on the grey/white side, it is not nearly as noticeable as it once was.:frown:

I am sure someone will reply with the site for a Schick history. Good luck in your search.

I have only tried the Bakelite handles with lots of ease and success. Its pretty amazing that today's blades work in these 75 year old razors and vice versa. I think you'll be amazed at how close you can shave with these simple gems. They're inexpensive and plentiful enough to try a few of them. What do you want this razor to accomplish? I will always have a minimum of two. Happy hunting....

Top Bottom