What's new

Ingram shave cream

Hello everyone,

I got a tube of ingram shave cream from a Bodycare shop in England some months ago. I tried to use it today and although it had a very refreshing feeling - very good for summer - it failed to make any lather independent of the quantity I was trying to put. I have never seen such a behaviour with a shave cream. Is this a faulty batch or there is any different way to lather it? Thank you!

Kind regards,
Nick

I am afraid it is a dud. Ingram in the UK ceased to exist a few years back and the only way to get some was the Egyptian version. Recently the Uk rights were bought by another company and the reformulated brand was relaunched. I know of no one who has been able to lather it and I am not sure if there is menthol in it. That was one of the main things in the original

I cleaned out my then local branch of Superdrug a few years ago when they stocked Ingrams and have a few unopened tubes. Disappointing to read and see that the newer U.K. reformulated cream is a dud. The older product was very easy to lather, even though the cream had turned into more of a liquid from the tube as Paul H mentioned in that video.

Last edited:
That's a good point. I haven't seen it in the wild (although I did recently discover someone stocking Erasmic in my town) but maybe the new Ingram is meant to be used brushless.

Does it shave okay just massaged on for slickness?

I gave up on the UK version after the second tube of watery , unusable " substance " ... The Egyptian Ingrams is fantastic , and I have only tried the green label . If you look around you may be able to find Egypt's other fabulous creams ....You can also request them from any Egyptian online vendor ...

Attachments

• 71onZSjOwSL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
    71onZSjOwSL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 61cqhA6pUmL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
    61cqhA6pUmL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 613YlaykuuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
    613YlaykuuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 618qF7F5HBL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
    618qF7F5HBL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 61GyvsYCjEL.jpg
    61GyvsYCjEL.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 10
  • 61viOvM6PLL.jpg
    61viOvM6PLL.jpg
    323.3 KB · Views: 10
I gave up on the UK version after the second tube of watery , unusable " substance " ... The Egyptian Ingrams is fantastic , and I have only tried the green label . If you look around you may be able to find Egypt's other fabulous creams ....You can also request them from any Egyptian online vendor ...
Is the Lord cream as good as the others?

Bon Balloon (aka Babaloo :laugh:) tells me he'll look into selling larger amounts of Five Fives on Amazon. I'll let you know.

Top Bottom