What's new

Info about Rotbart

I don´t know those site, but here´s a 1937 catalog:

$1937-05 Rotbart Catalog-01.jpg
$1937-05 Rotbart Catalog-02.jpg
$1937-05 Rotbart Catalog-03.jpg
$1937-05 Rotbart Catalog-04.jpg

Hello!
Is there a a site, like Mr-razors but with Rotbart?

Otto Roth of Berlin Germany/Roth-Buchner subsidiary [ Rotbart=redbeard] became a Gillette Subsidiary in 1926-27, Gillette bought out much of it's competition and Rotbart was one of the competition they bought out. The brand names included were Rothbart, Minora, Luxuosa, and some 250 private label brand names of razors and blades.

from safety razor compendium.

$ro4.JPG$ro.jpg$ro2.jpg$ro3.JPG

Nice info as well, Alex. :thumbup1:

But this is clearly a mismatch here:

$ro.jpg

I have the same razor as the one seen on the box (mine has a bakelite case) and they are great shavers.

$CAM01190.jpg

I was lucky to get a few NOS with tissue wrappers inside.....but they were too mild for me.

I have one of those NOS model 15's, still in the tissue, still unused. I've been debating trying it, or keeping it NOS. lol

It has the typical Rotbart flea bites and such from being in storage for so long somewhere.

I have one of those NOS model 15's, still in the tissue, still unused. I've been debating trying it, or keeping it NOS. lol

It has the typical Rotbart flea bites and such from being in storage for so long somewhere.

That is one issue about that particular model, it was easy to stain that handle, it seems like it lacked a protective coating such as lacquer.

Top Bottom