What's new

Inexpensive handle for Fatip Piccolo?

Just shaved with my Piccolo for the 3rd time since I received it. I absolutely love the little thing...but, it's too darn small! Don't get me wrong, the weight is perfect, but I find the handle to be lacking in girth. Even after rubbing alum on my fingertips, I find myself nearly dropping or losing grip on the handle.

I heard that the DE89 handle should fit, but, it doesn't. Are there any inexpensive, heavy/girthy handles that you guys would recommend for the Piccolo?

I managed to find an iKon ShaveCraft OSS handle on sale for $20. Unfortunately, I'm hesitant to purchase it since I don't know whether or not the threads are compatible with the Piccolo.

As far as I know only Fatip handles will fit. You might want to try wrapping a rubber band around the handle for better grip.

The threads on a Fatip are metric 4.5X.075 most other razors are metric 5.0X.08 and most older gillettes are 10X32 threads.

The M5.0X.075 and 10X32 are very similar, and handles will usually interchange, but the 4.5X.075 used by Fatip is much smaller.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Maybe a BST thread asking to trade for a Grande handle. Just a thought.

Kindly,
Adam

I had a Testina and for some odd reason, the only non Fatip handle that worked was a Maggard handle. I think it was an MR6, and don't know if all Maggard handles will fit. Might want to try it out. Worst that could happen is that you end up with a good stainless steel handle.

surgical tubing.

$62_TUBING SIZE OD ID.gif

-3/32" ID x 1/32".wall thickness Surgical Tubing (5/32" OD)
-1/8" ID x 1/32" ..wall thickness Surgical Tubing (3/16" OD)
-3/16" ID x 1/16".wall thickness Surgical Tubing (5/16" OD)
-1/4" ID x 1/16"....wall thickness Surgical Tubing (3/8" OD)
-5/16" ID x 1/16".wall thickness Surgical Tubing (7/16" OD)
-3/8" ID x 1/16"....wall thickness Surgical Tubing (1/2" OD)
-1/2" ID x 1/16"... wall thickness Surgical Tubing (5/8" OD)
-3/4" ID x 3/32" wall thickness Surgical Tubing (15/16" OD)

$62_latex tubing cod colors.jpg

Buy a Grande, sell the Piccolo. They have the same head. You'd end up the head you want on a fatter handle and only be out about as much as you would be if you bought a replacement handle. A Piccolo wouldn't be hard to sell around here.

Let's not forget that Fatip OC and Testina Gentile are also offered with a choice of wood handles, which are longer and heavier than the metal ones, and they are just a few dollars more...

Let's not forget that Fatip OC and Testina Gentile are also offered with a choice of wood handles, which are longer and heavier than the metal ones, and they are just a few dollars more...
:nono: Not heavier than the solid brass Piccolo handle.

Buy a Grande, sell the Piccolo. They have the same head. You'd end up the head you want on a fatter handle and only be out about as much as you would be if you bought a replacement handle. A Piccolo wouldn't be hard to sell around here.

+1 I agree with this.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. My only reservation against going with a Grande handle is that I've heard that it's significantly lighter than most stainless handles. I like the weight of the Piccolo. I guess I'll have to try wrapping rubber bands around it!

I suppose I could always make a shroud for the handle. That should add some length, girth, and weight.

You could also buy Plasti-Dip. (Used to be called 'tool dip')

Get a metric screw from the store, and put it in the razor. Clean the handle off with alcohol, and thoroughly dry. Then lower into the plasti-dip. Pull it out, let it dry. Repeat as desired until thick enough.

Plasti-dip will put up with a lot of abuse once it's thoroughly cured, and it keeps a good tacky, but not sticky, surface.

I grew up with it being used on pliers and wrenches. Now? They paint _cars_ with it.

The handle list below that does attached to Fatip Grande & Piccolo head:-
iKon OSS Handle 80g
iKon Bulldog Handle 75g
iKon Bamboo Handle 75g
iKon Matte Special Edition Handle 90g
The Stray Whisker Howitzer Handle 80g
Weber Razor Classic Handle 70g

The handle list below that doesn't attached to Fatip Grande & Piccolo head:-
Maggard Razors MR5 Handle
The Stray Whisker Long Tack Sam Handle 95g
Weber Razor Wave Handle 63g
Weber Razor Bulldog Handle 63g