What's new

I'm not really sure if wet shaving is for me; would a different razor help?

Using a cartridge razor and canned cream or gel is wetshaving, just like using a se, de or injector and a brush and mug. Check out some of the less expensive cartridges available like the Schick Hydro, Wilkinson Tech 3 at Walmart, Personna Magnum M5 or it's generic at the chain drugstores, or as has been suggested, the older cartridge systems. Try out a better cream like the Real Shave Co that's available at Rite Aid or the VDH soap and brush available at Walmart and some drugstores.

Honestly I haven't ever used a cart razor, but I do keep some cheap double-blade disposables around for when I have to travel or if I do irritate my face (I am a DE user most of the time). They are the most gentle razors I have ever used (Wilkinson Sword and Personna are the two brands I have used) and only cost about $2.50 for 12 razors. I would think with someone used to carts or disposables they would be faster than a DE but since I was bred on using a DE (disposables really weren't available here when I was 16 -- I think Bic had one out but they weren't stocked everywhere then) there really isn't much of a time difference with me.

I would go with Hooiser Trooper that a puck and brush lather is much more comfortable than canned goo (but Barbasol or Colgate isn't terrible). If speed is paramount, the canned goo may be preferable (I did use that for years with a DE). If comfort is more important, go with the puck and brush.

Top Bottom