What's new

*****iKon Razors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lot's of negative energy ! Why ???

Let this thread die!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry ???

This is very... very... very …. stupid !

(my Steward cap is removed)

Steward cap is NOT removed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$Schermafbeelding 2011-12-08 om 02.19.15.jpg

Bakerbarber:
"I can think of better ways to spend $150.00 on shaving gear"

I do not ask your opinion how to spend my money … I think it's really cheap for a handmade DE razor.

proxy.php

I own 2 iKon razors… very nice !
Who is Greg ??? … I Bought my Razor by Shave Nation !

Mr. Scott - STEWARD

Again … WHY ???

Regards,
Eelco

PS

Let's talk about DE RAZORS !!!

I don't know you guys say that vendors we like and trust here wouldn't carry the iKon razors yet several vendors that I know to be fantastic people carry it (not the least of which is Joe at Italian Barber). I know you guys are suggesting to let this thread die, but how about just keeping is civil and discussing the razor (quality, manufacturer's attitude, etc.) that way the information is available to newer members.

Personally I take all of your guys' opinions to heart and that is why I didn't buy an iKon razor when I started this whole wet shaving thing (I was one click away heh). So the information on this forum makes for these types of decisions to be easier. Honestly I respect both sides of this discussion and I just happened to choose the side of not purchasing the razor. It is unfortunate since I like the dual open comb/close bar razor idea.

I would also say I respect the Steward hat being off. Sometimes you want to just let your opinion be known without it representing the board as a whole and I can appreciate that.

Anyways enjoy the conversation guys, don't take any of it personally :) .

Was the early iKon razor in the photos ever made in a safety bar/closed comb version? If it was, does anyone know how I could get my hands on one? Thanks!

Attachments

• $ikon2.jpg
    $ikon2.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 305
  • $ikon1.jpg
    $ikon1.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 302
I'm new to safety razors but I believe the only one that came with both ends with a safety bar is the ikon modern. It's a pils look alike

I'm new to safety razors but I believe the only one that came with both ends with a safety bar is the ikon modern. It's a pils look alike

You are correct the Modern was dual safety bar. I believe there was an earlier one that did as well (OC and CC models).

As to getting one... Post a WTB?

Ken

Surfing around I noticed that the new Ikon OSS has landed. Anyone have an comments on it? Anyone figure out what OSS stands for?

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I've heard some pretty bad stories from folks I trust, so add me to the list of "I'll never own an iKon" people.

Can anyone point me to an example - the negativity around Ikon products seems to be limited to this board, folks on the other sites seem to like them...

I've only used Ikon's Bulldog handle and I found it to be very well made but a bit short for my tastes.

The OP is looking for information on the razor and the meaning of the name, that's it. I'm all for letting people know what I think of a company, QC, owner, etc but I make sure to discuss the product as well.

i have purchased from ikon with no issues, i sold what i had bought because it just wasnt for me but the quality was there. my only issue with ikon is the availability if product, which for some is appealing but not for this guy

Surfing around I noticed that the new Ikon OSS has landed. Anyone have an comments on it? Anyone figure out what OSS stands for?

I do not own a iKon OSS . I ordered it yesterday for $ 120,= very reasonable price I think for a SS handmade razor + Cool Asymmetric Design.
Let you know in a few weeks.

Don't know the O SS = Stainless Steel

I own a iKon H2O. And I Love it :thumbup:

View attachment 205882

Beautiful & efficient razor (Feather Blade).

I don't listen to bad stories, like to try things by myself.

I am a Very Happy iKon user !!!
Eelco

Last edited by a moderator:
Ikon not my cup of tea, since the seller isnt good for customer Service. Thanks but no Thanks to Ikon.

Respectfully, I've had exactly the opposite experience with Greg. He always answers my questions promptly and informatively. He makes a great product. And he stands behind them, offering exchanges or refunds if there is an issue. He does occasionally come across as "defensive" on open forums but I will do business with Greg without question. That Phil carries them is only a bonus.

The OSS will be my third iKon. First was the Modern. An outstanding example of a quality ss DE. That was followed by an H20. For me, better balance and I love the CC/OC head. Like having two very different razors in one with the OC side being more aggressive than the CC side.

My OSS should be here Tuesday. I'm really looking forward to it. I'll post impressions after I give it a go.

Cheers,

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom