What's new

*****iKon Razors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not classy and may have lost him some bids.

Not classy?? That's a huge understatement!!

When you are running a business, this level of lack of professionalism is light years beyond acceptable. It's basically the equivalent of repeatedly shooting yourself in the foot! Want to drive off all of your potential customers? Act in the most childish, immature method possible!!

:001_rolle:001_rolle

I was kinda wondering how an Ikon post was even allowed. I thought the banned filters wouldnt allow such words? Just wondering, because i saw another "banned" company mentioned recently too, and was like, how'd that get on here?

Here is the thread announcing the elimination of filtering of banned vendors.

Wow Thanks for the info guys, here is how i see it, if there are mixed feelings about him and most of them negative ill use my better judgement and stay away, sounds like a one man operation if he is selling 1 or 2 at a time, I'm sure he wont be happy to get a return :eek:/ IMO.

You can buy some of his stuff from Phil at Bullgoose as well.

I had been considering an Ikon, but reading this post just helped me make up my mind. I will be buying a custom razor from Bob and one that is made in the USA. I have heard no negative remarks about Bob and he obviously is a good person to deal with and takes pride in his work.

Word of mouth can either help or slowly kill your business. Too bad this rule doesn't apply to utility companies.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Great choice guys going with a B&B vendor. Bob does great work. You will not be dissapointed. Mods do not ban on a whim. I would not want to give my money to someone who treats people that way.

Not siding with anyone, but I believe the Far East is where the guy that makes Ikon razors is located.

If I'm not mistaken I thought I saw those handles on the bay with all kinds of flaws and being imported from the far east, if you want a nice custom metal handle contact Bob's Razor Works.

I remember when you could simply get a handle from Ikon on the cheap and they were in stock! Those days are gone and so was any professionalism or business ethics that might have been. The head that made Ikon popular is basically a Gillette New Deluxe head. The Gillette New Deluxe's aren't the most common but are obtainable. I can attest to Bob's Razor Works high level of craftsmanship and professionalism. If I saw a used Ikon handle on BST for a good price I'd buy it but I wouldn't buy anything from Ikon themselves. BTW, I like that we can discuss banned/previously filtered vendors.

... If I saw a used Ikon handle on BST for a good price I'd buy it but I wouldn't buy anything from Ikon themselves...

I was wondering if it would be OK to post an Ikon razor on the B/S/T. Last year I bought one of those bulldog open combs with straight bar "switch out" and I don't use it at all. While I knew that Ikon was a banned vendor, I did not know the extent of the disfavor of Ikon's reputation (or the acts which led to the ban) on B&B so I've been holding off on listing it. I was thinking about putting it on Ebay, but I much prefer the gentlemanlyness (if that's a word) of the B/S/T. I guess I'm asking for sage advice - would you all think it would be OK to list Ikon razors on the B/S/T? (note that this isn't a solicitation to buy it nor a "preview of B/S/T coming attractions" - I genuinely have been in a quandry). Also feel free to PM me about this.

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I was wondering if it would be OK to post an Ikon razor on the B/S/T. Last year I bought one of those bulldog open combs with straight bar "switch out" and I don't use it at all. While I knew that Ikon was a banned vendor, I did not know the extent of the disfavor of Ikon's reputation (or the acts which led to the ban) on B&B so I've been holding off on listing it. I was thinking about putting it on Ebay, but I much prefer the gentlemanlyness (if that's a word) of the B/S/T. I guess I'm asking for sage advice - would you all think it would be OK to list Ikon razors on the B/S/T? (note that this isn't a solicitation to buy it nor a "preview of B/S/T coming attractions" - I genuinely have been in a quandry). Also feel free to PM me about this.

It's shaving gear and you can list it in the B/S/T if you like.

This is a good question. You might want to start a new thread asking this so that it's not hidden in a thread asking why iKon razors are so expensive. More visibility would result in more responses.

I think it would be ok to sell iKon razors on the BST even though iKon is a banned vendor. My reasoning is that Simpsons brushes are sold all the time on the BST and Mark Watterson is banned from B&B. This may not be the best analogy since Gary Young was never banned, nor was Simpsons ever a filtered vendor.

Another potential problem with selling iKon razors on the BST is pricing. When the iKon razors first came out, I believe they were ~$80. Of course after they sold out, the price increased. I've seen iKon razors go for as much as $266 on eBay. It would be hard to differentiate a razor that was purchased when they first came out and one that was purchased much later for a higher price. Sellers who purchased a razor more recently might get asked why the price is so high when a similar iKon razor sold for half the price just several weeks ago. Some people might unfairly think the seller is trying to profit from the BST.

Build quality is fantastic, the shave is very good, the designs? well the designs?? so much skill from Ikon to build such amazing quality yet the designs are from others, shame really.
proxy.php

Looks like the design is taken from Pils razor. I have used Pils with feather blades and have received the best shave ever. I was wondering how to compare the shave with other razors, if you can compare.

Looks like the design is taken from Pils razor. I was wondering how to compare the shave with other razors, if you can compare.

There ya go!

Compared to the PILS? shaves the same, MILDish yet close, compared to others? there are so many others so that is really hard to answer.

Well How would it compare to progress or Merkur HD. I am glad to know that it saves the same as Pils. I wish there was a review of the iKon razors on the review section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom