What's new

If you like backbone nd scritch have I got a brush for you

This thing has the more backbone and scritch than any other brush I've ever seen.

20190710_132555.jpg
20190710_132616.jpg
20190710_132637.jpg

Just kidding of course, it's actually a custom Olive wood handle with tungsten oil finish. I made it for holding barbed needles used for needle felting. The white UHMW puck can be removed and the needs can be taken out to use anywhere from 1 to 12 needles.
The screw with the thumb ring is commonly used for attaching cameras to tripods and camera rigs.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
The perfect brush for hard-milled soaps and wire beards--plus interchangeable knots! Who could ask for more?

Thanks everyone. I made another last night.

20190710_202919.jpg
20190710_202855.jpg

Another use could be a travel brush, for self defense when you have to go to those really rough parts of town.

You could make a multi-use handle out of it. Glue a knot onto the plastic disk.

I thought of making a brush with adjustable loft using a similar method, I'd have to use a different material for the puck, UHMW isn't easy to glue to from my understanding. I gave up on the idea since loft would rarely be adjusted once you find what loft you like. There where or are a few brushes sold that are adjustable.

I thought of making a brush with adjustable loft using a similar method, I'd have to use a different material for the puck, UHMW isn't easy to glue to from my understanding. I gave up on the idea since loft would rarely be adjusted once you find what loft you like. There where or are a few brushes sold that are adjustable.

I was just giving an idea to show off the handle more. :)

For felting, shaving, bathing; It even can be used for dishes.

Olive wood makes great looking handles.

I was just giving an idea to show off the handle more. :)

For felting, shaving, bathing; It even can be used for dishes.

Olive wood makes great looking handles.

That would be interesting. I'd have to check the "knot hole" dimensions to see what size knot would fit. And if it would be a good depth for proper loft.

Top Bottom