What's new

If you could only keep 4 shaving soaps or creams

If I had to disavow artisan soaps my enthusiasm for wetshaving would be much reduced. In such an instance, I'd switch mostly to creams:

Jack Black Supreme Cream
Speick cream
Speick tallow
Tabac tallow

If I couldn't source tallow Speick/Tabac I'd just stick with Jack Black and Speick cream.

I love that Seville, too. I have about three artisans, maybe four that I will always keep around, but that isn't the purpose of the thread. Maybe we need to start a thread about the 4 artisans soaps?
OK, B&M is out. I suppose I agree. #19 on Amazon. What's the cutoff? Available at supermarket or drugstore somewhere? Can I have Dovo? A&E make it for them. If not, let's put Tabac hard soap in that slot, or any other tallow based one that isn't a croap.

OK, B&M is out. I suppose I agree. #19 on Amazon. What's the cutoff? Available at supermarket or drugstore somewhere? Can I have Dovo? A&E make it for them. If not, let's put Tabac hard soap in that slot, or any other tallow based one that isn't a croap.
Anything you want, as long as it is production, not artisan. B&M is an artisan soap.

Jack Black Beard Lube
Jack Black Supreme Cream
One Blade Barbershop Shave Cream
Clubman Pinaud Barbershop Shave Cream
Cremo/Proraso Blue/White would round out my collection. If forced to only pick one, i'm always, forever rolling with Jack Black Beard Lube, stuff is too great for me and I love how it fits everything into 1 product!

I have been mostly using samples, from Maggards and Stirling for the past two years to figure out what brands and scents work best for me. Before samples, Cella Red was my first tallow and a favorite. Today, the search is near complete for brands, and still narrowing each brand for preferred scents. That said, here are my four top brands and my preferred scents for each brand, thus far…

1) Ariana and Evans - Peach and Cognac then (Vanille de Tobac is second)
2) Chiseled Face - Ghost Town Barber, then Sherlock, Cedar and Spice
3) Maggards - London Barbershop, then Lime and Bergamot
4) Stirling - Varen (also Electric Sheep and Scots Pine) all Mutton Tallow

I have two samples of Martin de Cadre, Rose and Fougere, that I have not gotten to yet. MdC might make it to the top five brands down the road 😉

Top Bottom