What's new

identifying some sixties-era vintage AS and stuff

For fun....

I asked earlier about a picture of Sinatra shaving, and many of you were very helpful in identifying the products in the picture.

So, I was reading about LBJ and his ranch in Texas, and found some pictures of it online, including one that showed his bathroom cabinet and collection of aftershaves, fragrances, blade bank, medicines, etc.

Can anybody help me identify the shaving-related items in the picture? Some are hard to see, or lost their labels but are possibly identifiable by bottle shape, or are only visible at the extreme ends of the mirror reflection, but those of you familiar with vintage stuff will probably have an easier time recognizing bottles or labels:

So far, I can make out (some of these were not easy to determine!):
Old Spice (either AS or cologne, not sure)
English Leather (AS or cologne, not sure)
Schick Electric Pre-Shave (?)
Pierre Cardin Bleu Marine
Guerlain Habit Rouge

What else?

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Anyone know what's at the top, next to the EL, with what appears to be an eagle on the label?
It could be Timberline, not exactly the same but maybe the design changed.

s-l1600.jpg

There's a jar of Vicks VapoRub on the bottom shelf (blue jar w/white label). Above the jar of Vicks is a bottle of Colgate Spiced After Shave (clear bottle w/red top). The Old Spice bottle pictured is the aftershave and not the cologne. There is a tin of Sucrets throat lozenges to the right of the Old Spice bottle.

The Sucrets and Vicks are non shaving related items, but I couldn't help myself.

Last edited:
Top Bottom