What's new

Iced Tea - Sweetened or Unsweetened?

Sweet Tea or Unsweetened Tea?

• I enjoy life - Make it sweet!

• I was born without taste buds - Unsweetened, please!

• I don't like iced tea.

• Whatever Art drinks, I drink.

Results are only viewable after voting.
lol, I think that's probably the one universal experience for Canadians who take a trip to the US - "The iced tea is literally, just iced tea!!!"

I remember being in Tampa Bay, going to McDonalds, filling up my cup with iced tea, and just being grossed out, oh man, it's just cold tea! I was probably 11 or so.

I don't drink a lot of it, but if I'm going to I think it had better be sweetened.

If I just want plain tea, it needs to be hot.

A couple years ago, I more or less eliminated sugar from my diet. To great effect, by the way.

Unsweetened tea is one of the few things I'll drink aside from water these days. If you get used to it, you won't want sugar again.

When I'm thirsty, I don't want to drink a candy bar. I want something crisp and refreshing. Water and unsweetened tea do that. Sugary tea, sports drinks and sodas taste awful.

It's an acquired taste, like coffee and beer. Once you acquire the taste, you won't want anything else.

Iced Tea is a barbaric invention of the colonialists to subvert the venerated tradition of the truly civilized world!

I rarely drink it. Now, expresso, over shaved ice with a shot of grappa. . . . . :laugh:

For me, iced tea means unsweetened sun tea, so strong you put two inches of it in the bottom of the glass and fill the rest with water and ice. Dad always makes it like that, and I picked up the habit. I even have DH drinking it now, and he was strictly a hot tea man. I've had sweet tea, and I find it far too cloying. But hey, whatever makes one happy.

During my sojourn at GA TECH (go jackets!), I used to request for half and half. The pure unadulterated version of sweet tea served in the south really made my blood sugar spike high.

Born and reared in the mid-west where iced tea disappeared from October to May when I was young. My mother would brew tea with leaves and always unsweetened. I can't stand sweetened tea. Just some lemon, thank you. I even recently tried some sweet tea to see if my tastes had changed. Poured most of it down the drain.

I was at a BBQ in Florida, and a waitress said, "Our tea's so sweet it makes your teeth itch." That's the way I like it!

jbird

None of the above. I was born with taste buds and enjoy the flavor of unadulterated tea, no sugar required… the exception would be an occasional squeeze of lemon in glass of chilled Earl Grey.

Top Bottom