What's new

Iced Tea - Sweetened or Unsweetened?

Sweet Tea or Unsweetened Tea?

• I enjoy life - Make it sweet!

• I was born without taste buds - Unsweetened, please!

• I don't like iced tea.

• Whatever Art drinks, I drink.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Shane and I are both from the South, so our taste in iced tea is traditional. As the second person to take the poll, I see that both of us like our iced tea sweetened, as God intended.

I manned up! no sugar added...

But to be honest in Long Island NY -- though more sweet tea is becoming available, most restaurants will offer unsweetened, add your own sugar.

But a good chilled tea I am good with no sugar.

Where do I vote for half and half? :001_huh:

Most restaurants make it too sugary to just chug it down, which is my favorite way to enjoy tea! It needs to be a little sweet, though, unless it's hot tea.

EDIT: Spoke too soon, I suppose I'll just have to track down this Art character and find out how I enjoy my tea from now on...

Last edited:
While my heart says "sweet", my gut--and family history of diabetes--says "unsweet."

Hope this doesn't offend Art. :biggrin1:

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
DFrancis . . . have you had some ice tea in the US? We are talking kid coolaid stand sweet. I was raised by folk who threw the tea bags they used in the morning into a bottle of cold water in the fridge . . . then had a tall glass in the evening . . . no sugar no lemon . . . etc.

In Upper and Lower Canada this is one of those few things that we do differently than the US.

Mike

Shane and I are both from the South, so our taste in iced tea is traditional. As the second person to take the poll, I see that both of us like our iced tea sweetened, as God intended.

Amen!

Here on Sand Mountain if you pour someone a glass of that unsweetened "Iced Tea" you are likely to start a fight! Put the cane sugar and lemon to it!!
Wp

In the South, they have three taps: Hot water, cold water and sweet tea. There's also some archaeological evidence that they breastfeed with it. :)

What I like are the waitstaff everywhere else but the South that will tell you that it's unsweet but there's sugar on the table. Not the same, not the same.

Steve

In the South, they have three taps: Hot water, cold water and sweet tea. There's also some archaeological evidence that they breastfeed with it. :)

What I like are the waitstaff everywhere else but the South that will tell you that it's unsweet but there's sugar on the table. Not the same, not the same.

Steve

Now this is interesting. When I first moved to Texas in 1983, there was no Sweet Tea in restaurants. Then after college I started traveling to the Carolinas, (Antebellum south) and they had sweet tea. Now, in the last 3 years or so, sweet tea has encroached to Texas. I say, unsweet! That's how dad did it, that's how I do it.

my hot tea is sugar and milk
iced tea is sweet with lemon & sometimes with lemonade added but always sweet.

Became fond of unsweetened teac, cold or hot, in junior high school because the cafeteria took away the sugar and sweeteners after it became known that some dumb teens were snorting it.

Michael

Unsweetened, maybe with a twist of lemon(depends how I feel).

On the rocks, just like some other liquids I sip. :blush::thumbup:

I am a food controlled diabetic.

Top Bottom